Breaking Flipkart Plus, an Amazon Prime rival will be launched on August 15

• Thread starter Thread starter Laxmish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 31
  • Views Views: Views 7,309
To which version did you updated now?

Edit: I am already on 6.6 version but no option for free upgrade to Plus. Please tell the procedure to do so.
Bro I am also on version 6.6 .
just updated app and gone through Flipkart plus section where I found activate for free option for some users they are giving 50 free coins for activation.

After earning 50 coins we can buy Flipkart , bookmyshow, makemytrip, Zomato and other vouchers.

Last edited:
I did not get free subscription few days back, today when I opened app I got a message stating you are invited to try for free and got it for free today :)
vU231A7.jpg

All Flipkart Plus Offers have been removed and they are revamping the offers, cool new offers would be coming by 12th July, 2019

fjcTs98.png

Not Rs.10000, it will be Rs.7500 for plus members and Rs.15000 for non plus members. You need to earn 300 coins in 12 months period. However no coins will be deducted to renew the subscription. You need not pay separately to get plus membership unlike Amazon. Even if you spend Rs.50000 on amazon in a year, you still have to pay for your prime. But in Flipkart you get rewarded for what you shop. It may work for people who regularly shop online as they need not pay anything extra. Something like Credit cards waiving the annual fee if you spend certain amount in the previous year.

But if you are not a regular shopper and just looking for a vod subscription then it's a drawback. However i feel Flipkart would obviously introduce payment based subscription also once this is launched.
Amazon comes with a free trial for premium services. If I am dissatisfied with their service. I can stop my trial anytime. Meanwhile on Flipkart I need to frequently shop until I earn particular points to experience premium service. No, thank you. What if the service is bad?

Amazon comes with a free trial for premium services. If I am dissatisfied with their service. I can stop my trial anytime. Meanwhile on Flipkart I need to frequently shop until I earn particular points to experience premium service. No, thank you. What if the service is bad?

As is said, the current mode of subscription doesn't work for non-regular shoppers.. Amazon has free trial because they charge you separately for the service.. but in the case of FK, it's like "you shop with us and we give you free PLUS"... then why a free trail, it's already free... If you don't like amazon prime, you cancel it because you don't want to pay further. Here the points you earned will remain with you even after subscribing to PLUS. they don't reduce points for PLUS. so even if the service is bad, nothing is lost. use the points for something else.

i have gaana, viu, hotstar subscription all from PLUS points. and have enough points to pick one between YT premium and Hungama. all these for absolutlely nothing extra. the FK coins really rewards you well. and i didn't push myself to earn points. i repeat that, this coin based subscription mode doesn't work for non-regular shoppers. its all about the approach.. exclusively shopping to earn points might sound like bad idea, but earn points for what you normally shop is a great idea.

As is said, the current mode of subscription doesn't work for non-regular shoppers.. Amazon has free trial because they charge you separately for the service.. but in the case of FK, it's like "you shop with us and we give you free PLUS"... then why a free trail, it's already free... If you don't like amazon prime, you cancel it because you don't want to pay further. Here the points you earned will remain with you even after subscribing to PLUS. they don't reduce points for PLUS. so even if the service is bad, nothing is lost. use the points for something else.

i have gaana, viu, hotstar subscription all from PLUS points. and have enough points to pick one between YT premium and Hungama. all these for absolutlely nothing extra. the FK coins really rewards you well. and i didn't push myself to earn points. i repeat that, this coin based subscription mode doesn't work for non-regular shoppers. its all about the approach.. exclusively shopping to earn points might sound like bad idea, but earn points for what you normally shop is a great idea.
I also need help on same topic. I am regular buyer of Amazon and they certainly keep me happy with prime video, prime sale, superb Customer Service. I purchase grocery of around 1500 each month from Amazon.

My past experience with Flipkart was not great so I stopped using it but recently checked that they are giving lots of benefits to Plus members but problem is I need to switch from Amazon to Flipkart, to collect coins.

Would you recommend doing that? I already have 150 coins, so I need just 150 more, shall I leave my 2/1 day free Express delivery to regular delivery speed of Flipkart? Flipkart is also charge Rs.40 delivery price.

Last edited:
Would you recommend doing that? I already have 150 coins, so I need just 150 more, shall I leave my 2/1 day free Express delivery to regular delivery speed of Flipkart?
My point. No one provides express delivery in my city. Yet, Amazon still makes priority to deliver before time. Same isn't the case with Flipkart.

Back
Top Bottom