Discussion Fire TV Stick 4K VS Google Chromecast 4K

Dr Saurabh

Reaction score
Should I buy Fire Stick now OR should I wait for Google Chromecast with Google TV (4K) to launch in India?

As of now no Indication when the new chromecast will be released in India. Due to the features they are hyping up in Google TV, it may take time to integrate Hotstar, Zee5, SonyLIV etc etc which are not of a concern in the US as of now. If you are in a dire need for a connected TV devices, then go ahead with Fire TV 4K I guess.

As of now no Indication when the new chromecast will be released in India. Due to the features they are hyping up in Google TV, it may take time to integrate Hotstar, Zee5, SonyLIV etc etc which are not of a concern in the US as of now. If you are in a dire need for a connected TV devices, then go ahead with Fire TV 4K I guess.
Thank You for your suggestion :tup:
I am using LG Nano Cell 4K HDR TV in living room and I have a Sony TV in my bedroom, it has a Fire Stick HD, so I am in no hurry to buy a streaming device. So I was asking which device is better. Fire Stick OR Google Chromecast with Google TV both?

I am using LG Nano Cell 4K HDR TV in living room and I have a Sony TV in my bedroom, it has a Fire Stick HD, so I am in no hurry to buy a streaming device.
The only issue I see is Hotstar doesn't support 4K HDR and Dolby Vision, 5.1 on Linux apps (Tinzen and Webos). Recently they started to work on them as well it seems, I'm using Tinzen Smart TV, and is able to notice many visual changes. Hope they will introduce sooner rather than later.

The only issue I see is Hotstar doesn't support 4K HDR and Dolby Vision, 5.1 on Linux apps (Tinzen and Webos). Recently they started to work on them as well it seems, I'm using Tinzen Smart TV, and is able to notice many visual changes. Hope they will introduce sooner rather than later.
I was wondering why the picture quality of Hotstar is so poor on LG WebOS? Thanks for informing me because I didn't know anything about this. I had complained to Hotstar about this, but I did not get a satisfactory response from their side.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock