Finally Moto E (1st Gen) receives Android Lollipop

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
So after Waiting for More than 6 Months, Finally my Moto E(1st Gen) got updated with Android Lollipop. :eek:hya

From version 4.4.4(kitkat) it was a direct update to 5.1(Lollipop)

The size of update was 362 MB and took approximately 1 hour to download.
And it took more than 30 Minutes to Install the update

The update(Lollipop) is Damm Delicious :lol

Some Pics:

0EBLRC8.jpg

bme1SPm.jpg

9nhts8G.jpg

YK6UuR4.jpg

FJTXVWS.jpg

eYYfrgl.jpg

8mYHfUO.jpg

OznQBBJ.jpg

N02GDRh.jpg

GCoSCJk.jpg

That's it
Good bye
Sayonara :hello

There are lot of bugs in lollipop. And it's extremely unresponsive sometimes. When you click on call the window opens after 5 seconds. YouTube has issues like same video being played second time when you clicked on another video. After using it for couple of months on my Moto G 1st gen, I have downgraded to kitkat.

ilikered said:
There are lot of bugs in lollipop. And it's extremely unresponsive sometimes. When you click on call the window opens after 5 seconds. YouTube has issues like same video being played second time when you clicked on another video. After using it for couple of months on my Moto G 1st gen, I have downgraded to kitkat.

You need to wipe partition cache after lollipop like major updates,moto e and moto g both have just 1 gb of RAM,so some amount of RAM is occupied in form cache and when we upgrade our OS,the cache doesn't clean up,so in a new OS we get a lesser amount of RAM in comparison to amount of RAM that a company provides,just do a wipe partition cache carefully and your phone will not hang afterwards

kumarvishwas said:
You need to wipe partition cache after lollipop like major updates,moto e and moto g both have just 1 gb of RAM,so some amount of RAM is occupied in form cache and when we upgrade our OS,the cache doesn't clean up,so in a new OS we get a lesser amount of RAM in comparison to amount of RAM that a company provides,just do a wipe partition cache carefully and your phone will not hang afterwards
Nope, that's not the issue. I tried all sorts of things. I even rooted lollipop and had greenify installed to reduce the ram usage. It just doesn't suit these devices. I guess motorola didn't do their optimization properly like they did for Kitkat.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock