• Welcome to OnlyTech community forums. If you are an existing member of our DreamDTH forums, please use the same login credentials to login here. Create a new account only if you are not registered at DreamDTH before. If you have trouble logging in, please let us know through the contact form.
  • Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Breaking FASTag mandatory from December 1; to be available free of cost at toll plazas from today

mmadhankumar

iEat, iSleep, iRepeat
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has announced that from December 1st, all National Highways in India will collect toll payments through a technology based on radio frequency identification (RFID) called FASTag.

The vehicle owners need to buy the RFID device and fix it to their vehicle's windscreen. Those who will pay the toll via cash have to shell out double the toll amount.

The users can buy FASTags free of cost from toll plazas starting today until December 1. You can also buy the device from petrol pumps of Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum, Bharat Petroleum, leading banks, Paytm and Amazon.

After purchasing the device you need to activate the device yourself using the myfastag app available on Play Store and iOS store. After activation you need to fix it to your vehicle and link the device to your bank account or a prepaid wallet and have sufficient balance on the account. The toll amount will be debited as and when you cross the toll plaza using the RFID receivers installed on the toll plazas.

with inputs from ndtv...

Siva

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been using ICICI FASTag since long time. I have to say, it's pretty convenient with a separate lane. However, it wasn't available on several highways. At least now, I guess they will make it available on all highways and all lanes will be compatible with the tag. Once though, I was double charged (Both tag and cash) and I had to raise a complaint with ICICI with all proofs to get the money back into the tag account.

IndiaN

Guru
Contributor
Reaction score
Here in nearest two tolls don't have automatic scanner so we have to stop for manual hand scanner

impulkits

Amateur
Reaction score
Yesterday, I bought one from the nearest Toll Plaza, from PayTM counter, They charged me 150INR, which was later added to my PayTM Fast Tag Wallet. Hence, zero money is charged. The process is quick and simple. It takes hardly, 5 minutes.

IndiaN

Guru
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing can be implemented in first deadline
Extended till 15th December
Again may got 15 days extension and final implementation from new year

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OnlyTech.com Article Airtel plans now again offering Rs 150 cashback on FASTag; discontinues Rs 296 and Rs 446 International Roaming Recharge Plans OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
V Good News Fastag cost free from paytm Feb 15 to 29 General Topics 3
P Seeking Help SBI fastag KYC updation Cars & Bikes 0
P Seeking Help Paytm fastag not activated Cars & Bikes 5
Bapun Raz Aarogya Setu app is no more mandatory Technology News 2
OnlyTech.com Article Reliance Jio says no to mandatory access to MVNOs in M&A guidelines OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
Bapun Raz ABS (anti-lock braking system)/CBS (combined braking system) made mandatory for two-wheelers in India Cars & Bikes 1
R SC panel recommends mandatory 3-year insurance policy for cars; 5-year plan for motorbikes Cars & Bikes 1
Bapun Raz Aadhaar Card now mandatory for Public Provident Fund, National Savings Certificate and Kisan Vikas P General Topics 0
V Breaking Supreme Court says Aadhaar not mandatory General Topics 1
Bapun Raz Mandatory to link Aadhaar on existing Airtel numbers Telecom Services 21
R Aadhaar mandatory to download up to 3,000 maps, on govt approve Nakshe mapping portal General Topics 0
A NEWS Aadhaar cannot be made mandatory for govt welfare schemes: Supreme Court General Topics 1
R Aadhaar to be mandatory for driving licence General Topics 0
R Service charge by hotels and restaurants not mandatory: Govt General Topics 0
Gobinaath National Anthem play hereafter mandatory on movie theatre in India .. General Topics 5
R Govt makes mandatory for phone to have support for Hindi & 1 Indian official language Mobiles & Accessories 0
Bapun Raz Aadhaar now mandatory to get cooking gas subsidy General Topics 0
R From this year, Aadhaar mandatory for Class X, Class XII examinations General Topics 2
S Indian Railways makes Aadhar cards mandatory for IRCTC rail ticket bookings General Topics 5
R Cricket committee recommends ICC makes British Safety Standard helmet mandatory Cricket 0
V Change the Login Password On SBI NetBanking is Mandatory General Topics 3
A PAN Made Mandatory For Opening All Bank Accounts From January 1 General Topics 0
mmadhankumar Gmail, Yahoo make phone number mandatory for new email IDs Computers & Hardware 0
mmadhankumar Google makes Gmail encryption mandatory Computers & Hardware 2