• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 632

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
While an exact breakup hasn't been shared yet, Xiaomi has revealed that over 3000 Xiaomi products consisting of "mobile back cases, headphones, power banks, chargers, and earphones" were siezed during the raids. As a result of the raids, shop owners from both the cities were also arrested for allegedly selling fake Mi India products worth Rs 24.9 lakhs and 8.4 lakhs respectively.

kjozxtC.jpg

It has been revealed that the nexus involved in the counterfeiting of products involved local shop owners, and suppliers from Bengaluru and Chennai who were managing this business for a long time and during the period have managed to sell multiple unauthorised products in the market, possibly from other brands too.

Fake Mi India products worth Rs 33.3 lakh found in Bangalore and Chennai, Xiaomi issues warning for consumers

This happens in smaller cities as well. I once got into fight with a store for not giving invoice for Mi Powerbank. The shopkeeper said I will get warranty. Said I just had to contact him. When I asked for a bill. He asked me to leave.

I feel sorry for the offline customers, who eventually pay more (that's expected) and may get fake products as well.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock