Facebook’s new birthday recap feature collates all your birthday wishes into a video

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 0
  • Views Views: Views 477
Reaction score
I love my birthday, who doesn’t? I start planning my birthday six months before, and I love getting a lot of presents on my birthday and I absolutely love when everybody I know takes out time to wish me, even if it’s on Facebook . But the day after the birthday is nothing short of a heartbreak when you know your big day’s over. However, Facebook plans to make it a two-day birthday for you! Can I hear a Woo-hoo!

Among a number of creative ideas that it has been introducing lately, Facebook is now rolling out a new feature that collates all the birthday wishes and pictures posted on your wall and makes a short recap video out of them at the end of the day, reports TechCrunch. So that, when you wake up next day, you can recapitulate your B-day.

This video is also a brilliant way of going through all the wishes from your friends on Facebook. If we are being honest here, how much ever amazing it is at the beginning of the day to see your wall flooding with birthday wishes, by the end of the it gets slightly impossible to go through all the posts. This feature makes it so convenient to take a quick look at all the love you got.

In the past as well, Facebook rolled out similar image and post collating feature. One is the ‘Friendiversary video’ on Facebook, which marks yearly anniversaries with close friends. Much like this birthday video, Facebook puts together all the pictures and comments of the two friends together, and the number of times they liked each other’s posts. It’s pretty wonderful!

Another is the in-built slideshow movie-maker option, that allows users to create videos for their friends on their birthdays. Then there is ‘On this day’ which is a very popular and nostalgic way of Facebook to remind you what you were doing that particular day in your past few years on Facebook.

Facebook’s new birthday recap feature collates all your birthday wishes into a video

Back
Top Bottom