Facebook unveils new News Feed

Raviteja

Contributor
Reaction score
Facebook has announced a new version of Facebook, which has been designed to reduce clutter and focus more on stories from the people you care about.
Facebook has introduced the concept of multiple feeds. To make sure users are seeing all the stories they want to see, the company has introduced several new feeds to explore in addition to the same News Feed they have today.
The multiple feeds include "All Friends", a feed that shows you everything your friends are sharing; "Photos", a feed with nothing but photos from your friends and the Pages you like; "Music", a feed with posts about the music you listen to; "Following", a feed with the latest news from the Pages you like and the people you follow.

facebooknewnewsfeed-080313.jpg

The concept of multiple feeds is believed to give users more control over the stories and posts appearing on their News Feed.
Your profile picture becomes bigger in the new Facebook redesign. The profile picture of all your friends sharing a particular post will appear to the left of that particular post.
"You see all the stories you saw in your News Feed before, but with a fresh new look. We've completely rebuilt each story to be much more vibrant and colourful and highlight the content that your friends are sharing. Photos, news articles, maps and events all look brighter and more beautiful," said Facebook.
The inspiration behind the new Facebook redesign is the print medium - newspapers and magazines. 35 per cent of users on the web cannot view the chat bar because their displays are not wide enough. Now they will be able to.
With the new design, Facebook now has the same look and feel on mobile, tablet and web. For example, the left-hand menu is accessible anywhere the user go on Facebook. Users also have a way to jump right to the top of News Feed whenever new stories come in.
Facebook has announced to roll out the new design slowly over the coming weeks on web and mobile. If you are curious to get it early, click here and add yourself to the waiting list.
These design updates will be available on your iPhone and iPad in the coming weeks and to Android soon after, said the company.

Facebook unveils new News Feed inspired by newspapers and mobile - Tech - IBNLive

adarsh said:
I think its enabled only for graph search users, as i am unable to view in my profile.

No it is not like that.I have graph search but I don't have it....They said it will be a slow rollout

HD

Currently i have also signed up for graph search too :) ya it will be a slow roll out ...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock