Discussion Facebook Bags Exclusive Digital rights for Global ICC Events in Indian Sub-continent

• Thread starter iSK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,933

iSK

Contributor
Reaction score
Social media giant Facebook has bagged the exclusive digital rights for global ICC events in the Indian sub-continent.

The package includes the following events across the 2019-2023 cycle:

ICC Major Global Events

ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2020

ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2020

ICC Women's Cricket World Cup 2021

ICC World Test Championship Final 2021

ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021

ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2022

ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023

ICC World Test Championship Final 2023

ICC Men's Qualifying Events

ICC Men's T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019

ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2022

Other ICC Events

ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020

ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2022

Source

Hotstar could have made millions using ads. But they decided to be greedy charge us both for both subscription and ads. Hopefully, other events moves to.

How to watch on Facebook? Where on the app? Never seen such digital rights of broadcasting on Facebook earlier.

How to watch on Facebook? Where on the app? Never seen such digital rights of broadcasting on Facebook earlier.
Bro facebook has a video on demand service known as facebook watch.I think they will use/expand this service.
Link

I think they will give live stream to any broadcaster app like la liga (to Sony Liv).

Hotstar could have made millions using ads. But they decided to be greedy charge us both for both subscription and ads. Hopefully, other events moves to.
Facebook may distribute it again to star or Jio Tv :lol:

As per Malayala Manorama newspaper, there will not be live streaming on Facebook. It remains as earlier.

Facebook will carry a range of digital content over a period of four years including match recaps, in-play key moments and other match and feature content to deepen engagement with the sport with more content.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock