Discussion Expansion of Jio & Airtel Fiber no longer happening?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashok Varma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 20
  • Views Views: Views 905

Ashok Varma

Contributor
Reaction score
Now Fiber expansion in new areas/colonies stopped by Jio and Airtel, only Airfiber available even in Cities

Now Fiber expansion in new areas/colonies stopped by Jio and Airtel, only Airfiber available even in Cities
Correction: Only Jio's optical fiber expansion has stopped after airfiber. Airtel has been still actively expanding their optical fiber by doing tie up with LCOs in various cities.

I agree Jio Air Fiber may be good where fibre broadband connection is not reached but even if you had and fibre broadband option at your place but you opt for Air Fiber it's completely nonsense...
As I'm moved from excitel to Jio airfiber.
Excitel is very worst in my area. Frequent disconnections.
After taken Jio AF. No issues.
In my colony 30-40% are using Jio AF only.

I'm suggesting you, if your area have proper jio 5g coverage. take feedback from neighbors. take 3months pack 2100rs. You'll back your words about JIo AF. 100%.

Correction: Only Jio's optical fiber expansion has stopped after airfiber. Airtel has been still actively expanding their optical fiber by doing tie up with LCOs in various cities.
I believe it will cost Jio ..

In My Area Airtel Fiber Not Available!

Jio, BBNL And Some Other Fiber Available,

No Idea, What's Wrong With Them,,,,

In My Area Airtel Fiber Not Available!

Jio, BBNL And Some Other Fiber Available,

No Idea, What's Wrong With Them,,,,
I can give you some idea why Airtel is finding it hard to enter some areas.

While Jio manage their expansion and infrastructure by their own people, Airtel is dependent on LCOs (local cable operators) for their last mile connectivity.

Though this article is old, but it should give you idea what I am talking about: Airtel to expand home broadband through LCO model over the next 6 to 12 months: Gopal Vittal

They are doing this since year 2020 to avoid cable cutting and other problems given by LCOs. However, some areas still have LCOs who either doesn't want to pay the security amount that Airtel needs for materials and other stuff or don't want to work as per Airtel's agreement. So Airtel can not enter those areas.

I can give you example of my city. My city has 30% Airtel Xstream Fiber coverage since quite some time. The rest areas, including my area, falls under different LCO whom Airtel was approaching since 2020 for tie up and he was hesitant. Now after AirFiber launched, he finally agreed to allow Airtel Fiber expansion in our area because Airtel started installing AirFiber in our locality which he couldn't stop. And this is not only my area, in many cities LCOs are now agreeing to allow Airtel tie up with them because of AirFiber entry.

While Airtel only give some commission share to the LCOs for the last mile connectivity and installations, Airtel themselves manage their fiber network similar to Jio. Airtel also keeps the OLT (optical line terminal) access with themselves, it is placed near the towers similar to Jio Fiber OLT and those things are configured by their own engineers. Due to this, the network up time and stability remains top notch.

I can give you some idea why Airtel is finding it hard to enter some areas.

While Jio manage their expansion and infrastructure by their own people, Airtel is dependent on LCOs (local cable operators) for their last mile connectivity.

Though this article is old, but it should give you idea what I am talking about: Airtel to expand home broadband through LCO model over the next 6 to 12 months: Gopal Vittal

They are doing this since year 2020 to avoid cable cutting and other problems given by LCOs. However, some areas still have LCOs who either doesn't want to pay the security amount that Airtel needs for materials and other stuff or don't want to work as per Airtel's agreement. So Airtel can not enter those areas.

I can give you example of my city. My city has 30% Airtel Xstream Fiber coverage since quite some time. The rest areas, including my area, falls under different LCO whom Airtel was approaching since 2020 for tie up and he was hesitant. Now after AirFiber launched, he finally agreed to allow Airtel Fiber expansion in our area because Airtel started installing AirFiber in our locality which he couldn't stop. And this is not only my area, in many cities LCOs are now agreeing to allow Airtel tie up with them because of AirFiber entry.

While Airtel only give some commission share to the LCOs for the last mile connectivity and installations, Airtel themselves manage their fiber network similar to Jio. Airtel also keeps the OLT (optical line terminal) access with themselves, it is placed near the towers similar to Jio Fiber OLT and those things are configured by their own engineers. Due to this, the network up time and stability remains top notch.
Airtel doesn't have proper 5G SA network pan India, so they might depends on LCO;s for broadband expansion, but most of the LCOs runs cables on Electricity poles, so those cables can disconnect by local authorities at some time. Better to take fiber/air fiber service after proper enquiry in local area.

Airtel doesn't have proper 5G SA network pan India, so they might depends on LCO;s for broadband expansion, but most of the LCOs runs cables on Electricity poles, so those cables can disconnect by local authorities at some time. Better to take fiber/air fiber service after proper enquiry in local area.
Airtel and Jio mostly everywhere get municipal corporations approval prior to laying their fiber cables on the electricity poles. So that's not an issue for them.

Are you sure about it? Which city you are talking about? In Navi Mumbai, Airtel has stopped completely and Local FTTH providers have tied up with Airnet something and iON(which is strong in Navi Mumbai from Panvel to Airoli).

As I'm moved from excitel to Jio airfiber.
Excitel is very worst in my area. Frequent disconnections.
After taken Jio AF. No issues.
In my colony 30-40% are using Jio AF only.

I'm suggesting you, if your area have proper jio 5g coverage. take feedback from neighbors. take 3months pack 2100rs. You'll back your words about JIo AF. 100%.
Airfiber will be successful only if Jio deploys mmwave at the earliest. And because of Airfiber, 5G speeds on mobile devices has reduced considerably.

Back
Top Bottom