Seeking Help Excitel works fine on LAN but Frequently Disconnects on the Modem/Router (Checked 2 Modems Already)

ajgamer

Reaction score
Hello, I have installed Excitel at home 2-3 days back and I've been facing Frequent Disconnects since the very first hour of installation.

I have already tried multiple Modems/Routers to see the issue.

> TP-Link TL-R470T
I received a lot of disconnections on this including Lost Carrier, Lost Service and User Request. It was so bad that disconnection happened 60-70 times per hour (One Disconnection per minute). I couldn't able to load Google.com.

> TP-Link TD-W8970
Here also, I received a lot of disconnections including Lost Carrier, Lost Service and User Request. I noticed multiple disconnections per hour. Pretty much unstable and unable to use.

> Directly to Dell Laptop (Excitel Wire to Laptop's Ethernet Port via. Dial-up Connection)
This seems to be the most stable. I haven't noticed any disconnection with it so far. I ran for numerous of hours with it. Sometimes I see the 100-140ms ping when I ping to the default gateway (Excitel's Gateway such as 146.196.32.1). Though average is somewhere 4-5ms.

Few Other Information:

> Wire Installed from LCO
Wire LCO has installed from the Pole to Home is 2 Pair, 4 Wire Ethernet. (So it's basically 4 wires inside the cover instead of 8).

> Error Types in the Excitel Session History
I am seeing Lost Service, Lost Carrier, User Request errors mostly in the Session Log of the my.excitel.com. Screenshot: Screenshot

> Packet Loss to Google.com (ping www.google.com -t)
I am seeing 1-2% Packet Loss but mostly it increases in the evening to late night. I'm also seeing more disconnection in the night itself.

> Most common time of Packet Loss and Disconnection
There is no fixed time, But it generally happens mainly around 10-11AM, 3-4PM and then it continuously happens whole night from 7PM-Morning.

And, About Packet losses, it increases a lot in the night.

If anyone here could help me with this.

Thanks.

Disscontion occur both wire and wireless from router to laptop ?

Issue is not related to the wireless/WiFi.

It's a Frequent Disconnection from Excitel to Modem.

I hope you understand now?

But you said if you connect isp wire to laptop RJ45 port then no issue. Issue only comes when you put some device in between these two

But you said if you connect isp wire to laptop RJ45 port then no issue
That's the strange issue. If I connect the Excitel's Wire directly to the Laptop Port, it doesn't disconnect. But as soon as I connect excitel's wire with the modem, it disconnects a lot.

I wanted to know, if you have experience with Excitel or any knowledge related to it?

That's the strange issue. If I connect the Excitel's Wire directly to the Laptop Port, it doesn't disconnect. But as soon as I connect excitel's wire with the modem, it disconnects a lot.

I wanted to know, if you have experience with Excitel or any knowledge related to it?

That isp is not present here.

What I am asking is what happens if you connect laptop to router via wire instead of router wifi

That isp is not present here.

What I am asking is what happens if you connect laptop to router via wire instead of router wifi
There is no concern if I connect to the Laptop to Router with Wire or WiFi or not.

It's an issue with Excitel's. I'm trying hard to make you understand but you are considering it to be WiFi issue and it's not that.

P.S.: I know the basics of WiFi and have been using for years now (10+ Years with WiFi so far). The problem is related to connectivity of Excitel with Modem.

There is no concern if I connect to the Laptop to Router with Wire or WiFi or not.

It's an issue with Excitel's. I'm trying hard to make you understand but you are considering it to be WiFi issue and it's not that.

P.S.: I know the basics of WiFi and have been using for years now (10+ Years with WiFi so far). The problem is related to connectivity of Excitel with Modem.

What seems strange to me is, if it is isp issue then the same issue should aries even if isp wire is connected to laptop directly without router. But you are saying no issue in this case

What seems strange to me is, if it is isp issue then the same issue should aries even if isp wire is connected to laptop directly without router. But you are saying no issue in this case
That is what strange is. I tried 2 modems already.

Excitel is infamous for their sh#tty infrastructure. But, I'm looking for the solution right now.

That is what strange is. I tried 2 modems already.

Excitel is infamous for their sh#tty infrastructure. But, I'm looking for the solution right now.
Due their pathetic services, i had dumped excitel after 3 months. Their so called engineers are not able to troubleshoot even minor issues. No point of arguing with them, just waste of time. So, i switched.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock