Breaking Excitel IPTV

• Thread starter Thread starter himanshu42
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 19
  • Views Views: Views 2,032

himanshu42

Reaction score
I have recently renewed the Excitel IPTV plan and surprisingly Excitel has completely ditched PlayBoxTV now, Thank god, they were so bad with literally everything. The renewed subscription has come up with All the OTT app subscriptions through the OTT Play app, and they have provided me access to the ULKA TV app for IPTV.

I can say ULKA TV provides IPTV in a real way, Yes, all the channels exist in this and the rates are according to TRAI.
I haven't seen any downtime in ULKA so far, yes there was an error sometimes with the message "SOURCE ERROR", but it got fixed automatically in a couple of seconds.

Channels Quality - For the HD channels, 1080p constant, no doubt! and for non-HD channels, I have no idea.

Here are some screenshots from the ULKA TV App.

IMG-1373.jpg
IMG-1374.jpg
IMG-1375.jpg
IMG-1377.jpg
IMG-1378.jpg
IMG-1380.jpg
IMG-1382.jpg
IMG-1376.jpg
IMG-1379.jpg
IMG-1381.jpg
IMG-1372.jpg

• These are real channel streams that you get over any DTH connection, not like the digital feeds you get in JioTV or JioTV+ apps.
  • ULKA TV app only works when I connect to my Excitel wifi, because it does have some IPTV configurations available in the Excitel router.
  • You can log in to the ULKA TV app from one TV at a time.
  • For free, along with your excitel plan, you'll get access to Star Plus HD, Colors HD, SET HD, ZEE TV HD, Discovery HD, Star Sports 1 HD (English), and many more channels. I'm paying 88 rs extra per month for some additional channels I have subscribed like Star Sports 1 Hindi HD, AND TV HD, Star Gold HD, Star Gold 2 HD, Star Gold Select HD, Star Gold Romance & Hungama.

It's been a month now and I have no complaints from ULKA TV so far. Excitel works fine at my location as well but it varies from LCO to LCO.

If the images do not load due to any error, here are the IBB direct links

No, it's an Android TV App. You can install it from the Play Store on Android TV or Google TV.
I'm not sure about the FireTV Stick yet.
What plan did you subscribe and can you tell me your location. I am from Hyderabad and I am thinking to take excitel broadband

Does your data get used up if u watch live TV ?? From the FUP ?
Excitel doesn't have any FUP limits, some old threads still claim that it has 3.3 TB FUP but as per the Excitel official FAQ, they don't have any FUP limit now. However, I haven't tested this yet because 3.3TB is quite a big data for me.

Also, I use TP-Link Deco Mesh system since my TV is a bit far away from the router location, I noticed that watching ULKA TV is taking a good amount of data in TP-Link app but that data does not count against my usage in the MyExcitel app.

Last edited:
How is the service and did you face any downtime ? If possible can you share the setup pics here

The service looks fine at my location in Delhi but I would still suggest you check with someone locally in your area who has Excitel connections installed as the service of Excitel totally depends on your Local Cable Operator (LCO), Excitel doesn't have much control over their LCO's.

Back
Top Bottom