• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 976

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Are you a creative type? Me too! Having a creative mind can be both a curse and a gift. With so many ideas and business offerings buzzing inside our heads, we often experience headaches and euphoria simultaneously. We want to tell or show everyone all the many things we do.

Those of us with websites, blogs and ezines may want to showcase lots of products or services with too much text. You’ve seen the websites I’m talking about – too much text, too many calls. The reality is that simpler really is best.

Have you ever walked into a restaurant and been presented with way too many choices? It’s early in the morning or late in the day and you just don’t want to think about what to order. How many times have you ordered off the handwritten sign with just 3 choices because it was easiest? I know I’ve done that many times when my brain is just too tired to think.

Let’s use The Web Muse site and Muse News as one example for you. We have many pages trying to tell you everything we do. There’s web design, marketing, consultations and MORE. In addition, we have lots of free content and resources so the site is of value. The curse is putting too many words on the pages and knowing that people scan rather than read online. On the Home page in particular it’s best to keep the text brief yet get your message across to visitors.

In the Muse News it’s so tempting to share ALL the latest resources and information. Once again, getting carried away with too many words when the majority of readers are “scanning” this online. When I write beyond my self-imposed 2-page limit I put those new thoughts, ideas and resources into the next month’s issue. This works great because then I’ve got a good start on the next issue. This might work for you when you find yourself feverishly writing too many thoughts or ideas.

If you’re not seeing results from your website, blog or ezine – then try simplifying. You may be surprised by the response and the results. I would enjoy hearing from you on your tips for simplifying and may share those in a future Muse News.
http://thewebmuse.com/blog/web-site-design/envision-simplicity-for-your-website/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock