Enrique wary of reinforced Arsenal

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,052

BaLaG

Reaction score
Liverpool full-back Jose Enrique expects serious reinforcements to help Arsenal on another busy weekend of action in the Barclays Premier League.

Arsenal talisman and captain Cesc Fabregas completed his transfer to Barcelona this week and Samir Nasri is expected to follow him out of the Emirates with a move to Manchester City seemingly on the cards.

Enrique, who was himself the subject of a transfer this summer when he moved to Anfield from Newcastle, will get the chance to see what effect the turmoil has had on the Gunners first hand when his new side travel to north London on Saturday in the Barclays Premier League.

"I think it's really difficult for them because I think maybe Nasri will go (as well)," he told www.liverpoolfc.tv. "He is a good player for them too.

"Fabregas has gone already and when you lose your best players it's bad for the team. More in terms of mentality, because they have other really good players."

Enrique can sympathise with the Arsenal players having been at Newcastle when first Andy Carroll, now his Liverpool team-mate, and then Kevin Nolan departed for pastures new.

"Arsenal is an amazing team and I think they'll buy players soon before the end of the market," he said. "But it is hard.

"At Newcastle we had the same with Andy Carroll and after that Kevin Nolan. For the players it's really hard when you lose your best players."

Enrique's old club also face a stiff early-season test as they travel to Sunderland for a Tyne-Wear derby.

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi has scored six goals against Sunderland, including two in a 5-1 win at St James' Park last season, and he will get the opportunity to add to that tally.

Manager Alan Pardew told the club's website, www.nufc.co.uk: "Shola has been here a long time, he's lived in the area, and the passion from the fans which can get into the players cannot be underestimated.

"Everywhere you go you get reminded, and Shola has had that for a number of years.

"So he knows this is a massive game for the club and he probably gets himself up as high as he would for a cup final.

"That bodes well, and he will start on Saturday, I make no bones about that. He will be in the starting line-up."

Chelsea will have new signing Romelu Lukaku available to face West Brom after the 18-year-old striker completed his move from Anderlecht today.

Midfielder Jon Obi Mikel has also declared himself available despite his father's kidnapping in Nigeria, but goalkeeper Petr Cech has been ruled out for three to four weeks after picking up a knee injury in training.

Also on Saturday, Aston Villa host Blackburn, Swansea entertain Wigan and QPR, who were today taken over by business tycoon Tony Fernandes, go to Everton.

Sunday's fixtures see Stoke travelling to Norwich and Wolves hosting Fulham, while Sergio Aguero, who scored twice off the bench on his Manchester City debut on Monday, will hope for a bigger role as his new side go to Bolton.

The weekend's final eye-catching clash is on Monday, when Tottenham, in Europa League action tonight against Hearts, make the trip to Old Trafford to face champions Manchester United.Saturday
Match Fixtures

Saturday

Sunderland vs Newcastle

Bruce looking beyond Derby day

Pardew: Barton is not the focus

Arsenal vs Liverpool

Aston Villa vs Blackburn

Everton vs Queens Park Rangers

Swansea vs Wigan Athletic

Chelsea vs West Brom

Sunday

Norwich C. vs Stoke

Wolverhampton vs Fulham

Bolton vs Manchester City

Monday

Manchester United vs Tottenham

more..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock