Breaking Engineer behind pirated TV streaming app arrested

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 2,475
By OTTs, are you referring to Netflix bro?

IMO, others like Disney+Hotstar, Amazon etc are fair and provides value as well.

Finally, that monthly price, I can't even understand the calculations behind some players like Zee5, which provides 12 months subscription at Rs 499 and 3 months at Rs 299 (without having 1 month option).If they are charging that much for 3 months then how it comes drastically down in 12 months pack if we compare per month cost of both packs.
I think it's like wholesale. Individual price of an item may be 100. But if you buy 12 of these items, price is 500.

By OTTs, are you referring to Netflix bro?

IMO, others like Disney+Hotstar, Amazon etc are fair and provides value as well.

Finally, that monthly price, I can't even understand the calculations behind some players like Zee5, which provides 12 months subscription at Rs 499 and 3 months at Rs 299 (without having 1 month option).If they are charging that much for 3 months then how it comes drastically down in 12 months pack if we compare per month cost of both packs.
No, I was referring to Sony and Disney+ Hotstar. Monthly pricing doesn't make sense here. Netflix and Mubi are meant for richie rich. No point of discussing about them.

It was good for those content which aren't available in India. So people who watch those content used to flock to these apps. Like yesterday, there was Arsenal friendly match. It wasn't available in India. So i went to an illegal site and watched it peacefully. Without solving main problem, nothing can stop piracy. 👍

most of sports rights not signed by indian tv broadcaster and after ---- tv shutdown.

fan code owners 👇👇

bhgHxyt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If OTTs were honestly priced. These kind of malware and trojan invested platforms wouldn't exist. There are so many OTTs in the market. It's too expensive if you want to enjoy everything in a month. It's time to introduce bundled OTT like Tata Sky is doing with Binge at a discounted price. Telecom operators and ISP(s) should take the initiative. Honest monthly price should be also on cards. If ₹299 is the monthly price. Charging ₹999 and ₹1499 is unrealistic. It shows how one doesn't have faith in their offering.
As a middle class man, we can't afford Netflix, but we can try for same content in Internet.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock