Eco-friendly Battery-less AM/FM Radio plus Torch

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 2,995

Vinay

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is an Eco-friendly Battery-less AM/FM Radio plus Torch that I got as a token of appreciation gift from my employer, an MNC IT company for successful completion of projects.

It works on cranking the in-built dynamo shaft, that is the handle has to be rotated for some time.
:eek:hya 2 minutes of winding provide upto 45 minutes of Music or 10 minutes of light :eek:hya

Here are the pics:

VlvcW.jpg

zLdie.jpg

2EmMX.jpg

JMFTp.jpg

RCRQE.jpg

ntdFm.jpg

3E7Lc.jpg

kco9J.jpg

its work by what?no battery :u

Bapun Raz said:
its work by what?no battery :u

Yes No Batteries needed. When the handle is rotated for some time, the power generated is stored in a Capacitor. This stored power can be used whenever we want :tup

I will put a Audio-Video Demo of this Radio/Torch in this thread soon... Keep Watching.

iS THAT ME said:
WoW....sort of dynamo technique used. Awesome one there...

Yes there is a magnet rotating between a copper coil loop as the handle is rotated. The speed of rotation is enhanced by gears. So even slow rotations give high speed rotation of magnet resulting in rapid charging with approx 3 volts to storage capacitors.

I like this..... I must buy one if available here in our place.....

I think its operated in dual mode as mode selector is visible in the pics....
we can use normal pencil cell also.....:huh

mystic said:
I think its operated in dual mode as mode selector is visible in the pics....
we can use normal pencil cell also

Yes Mystic, 2 AA-size pencil cells can be put in the compartment given at the back as shown below.
I am not using pencil cells. Being against pollution, I promote the use of Solar, Wind and other Green Sources of Energy etc.

3E7Lc.jpg

Right now, this radio and many devices are being powered by voltage generated from Solar panels installed outside my bedroom balcony. This gives DC as well as AC power (in conjunction with Transformers) from 10am to 4pm

ZnJqD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock