Du Plessis charged by ICC for changing condition of ball

Shivraj

Reaction score
Faf du Plessis, South Africa's incumbent Test captain, has been levied with a level 2 offence by the International Cricket Council (ICC), for 'changing the condition of the ball in breach of Law 42.3' during the second Test against Australia in Hobart. The date for hearing still has to be fixed after du Plessis pleaded not guilty to the charge. Andy Pycroft will chair the hearing.
The ICC acknowledged in a report that a charge against du Plessis has been imposed for violating Article 2.2.9 of the ICC Code of Conduct "after television footage appeared to show him applying an artificial substance to the ball during the fourth day's play in the second Test in Hobart".
Apparently, during the 54th over of the second innings of Australia in Hobart, du Plessis was seen licking his finger with a white lolly in his mouth before shining the ball. Incidentally, Joe Mennie was dislodged to a delivery that swung in late during the same over.
All level 2 breaches result in a fine between 50 per cent to 100 per cent of the match fee or two suspension points. It could also lead to three or four demerit points. Two suspension points are equal to one Test.
Hashim Amla, du Plessis's team-mate, strongly defended his captain and said: "Whether it is or not, we've done nothing wrong and I know Faf has done absolutely nothing wrong.
"I chew bubble gum while I'm on the field - you want me to brush my teeth after lunch? We're standing out on the field for two hours ... there was no malicious intent whatsoever."
South Africa have already won the series with a game to go. The Day-Night Test is scheduled to start next Thursday (24 November).

http://opera.m.cricbuzz.com/cricket...charged-by-icc-for-changing-condition-of-ball

Reactions: Omi
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock