Faf du Plessis files appeal against ICC decision

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Faf du Plessis, South Africa's stand-in Test skipper, on Thursday (November 24) appealed against the International Cricket Council's (ICC) decision that found him guilty of changing the condition of the ball during the second Test in Hobart.

Amidst roaring success as skipper, du Plessis found himself at the centre of a controversy when ICC Match Referee Andy Pycroft found him guilty of ball tampering. The video footage showed du Plessis applying saliva on the ball, a popular practice to keep the shine on the ball, but while having mint in the mouth.

Du Plessis was fined 100% of his match fee after the ICC hearing at the Adelaide Oval which lasted three hours. He was found guilty of breaching clause 2.2.9 of the ICCs code of conduct.

As per the latest media release by Cricket South Africa (CSA), it is confirmed that du Plessis has appealed against the decision of the ICC Match Referee.Haroon Lorgat, the CSA Chief Executive said, "Faf has decided to appeal the match referee's decision after he and his legal team had studied the written reasons provided by the match referee.

"In his mind Faf is clear that he did not alter the condition of the ball nor did he intend to do so and that the match referee was not correct to find him guilty. He is understandably feeling aggrieved. CSA will support him to appeal the decision before an independent Judicial Commissioner as there are issues relating to fair and just process, interpretation of the rules, science and performance that needs to be considered," concluded Lorgat.

This is not the first time that du Plessis has been booked for ball tampering. He was found guilty of the same when he was seen rubbing the ball on the zipper of his trouser pocket during the second Test against Pakistan in 2013. South Africa were fined a penalty of five runs then and the contentious ball was replaced too.

Faf du Plessis files appeal against ICC decision - Cricbuzz

Is applying saliva on ball against rule ? :huh  Without it how will the old ball swing  :s

Sarkar said:
Is applying saliva on ball against rule ? :huh  Without it how will the old ball swing  :s

bro, he applied some artificial substance and not saliva to the ball.

rahul1117kumar said:
bro, he applied some artificial substance and not saliva to the ball.

Then I hope ICC must have done forensic analysis of the ball before imposing fine  :lol

I don't think any reputed player like him will do it. There must be something wrong here

AFAIK Mint is the printing press of RBI. Now how can RBI come into cricket field  :shy

So it's seems my english knowledge is very poor. Somebody plz tell me what is Mint here ?  :huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock