DoT testing Cell Broadcast Alert System to enhance emergency communication during disasters

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 4,359

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Department of Telecommunications is pleased to announce that, in collaboration with National Disaster Management Authority, it will be conducting a Cell Broadcast Alert System testing to enhance emergency communication during disasters and ensure the safety and well-being of our valued citizens.

Cell Broadcast is commonly used to deliver emergency alerts, such as severe weather warnings (e.g., Tsunami, Flash Flood, Earthquake, etc), public safety messages, evacuation notices and other critical information.

During the testing period, people may receive simulated emergency alerts on their mobile devices. We assure that these alerts are part of the planned testing process and do not indicate an actual emergency. Each test alert will be clearly labeled as a "SAMPLE TESTING MESSAGE" to avoid confusion.

I got below sms alert yesterday on both my Jio and Airtel numbers in Hyderabad.

It was delivered almost at same time on Airtel and Jio numbers.

99mVECA.jpg

Last edited:
Just now recieved the testing emergency alert. Everyone's phone with airtel sim was vibrating & bell was ringing.
Once again recieved, this time in hindi:
vQeYpSP.png

Last edited:
Got the alert in English and kannada it rang 3 times in a row. Testing in Karnataka on Airtel.

c4UqrZH.png
Hk3wo78.png

Last edited:
In the middle of a training, everyone's phones rang with an emergency alert.
Sounds of the reverbing sirens...

In the middle of a training, everyone's phones rang with an emergency alert.
Sounds of the reverbing sirens...
Same here we were having project presentation untill it rang 3 times in a row 😂 our teachers went angry after this!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock