Discussion DOT may ask Telcos for Price Hike

Meanwhile Jio is getting the market wrong. Silent validity reduction is rubbing users in wrong way. They could have easily got away with announcement with prime revokation. Users would be not be not mad as they are now at increased price.
I think they will start charge for Jio Prime @Rs.49/-per month (Rs.499/-per annum) from New year.

I think they will start charge for Jio Prime @Rs.49/-per month (Rs.499/-per annum) from New year.
Bigger disaster is bound to happen. If they think about charging for Prime again.

Bigger disaster is bound to happen. If they think about charging for Prime again.
They will have to monetize the content offering at some point. The investment on acquisition of content from media houses Is huge. They can either do it app wise like they have for Jio Saavn or they can do an umbrella charge for all media apps like Amazon prime does. 499 for 12 months will still find takers 2 years down the line.

They will have to monetize the content offering at some point. The investment on acquisition of content from media houses Is huge. They can either do it app wise like they have for Jio Saavn or they can do an umbrella charge for all media apps like Amazon prime does. 499 for 12 months will still find takers 2 years down the line.
That won't be much successful. Most Indians are just not willing to pay for content yet. Don't think same is about to change in near future.

That won't be much successful. Most Indians are just not willing to pay for content yet. Don't think same is about to change in near future.
If you have any network other than Jio, you will pay to hotstar for live cricket(Rs.30/- per month).

If you have any network other than Jio, you will pay to hotstar for live cricket(Rs.30/- per month).
That's a good point. Meanwhile I would rather pay ₹299 to watch cricket across device than only on my phone's hotstar app for ₹499.

What if a person wants only internet without ott content ? I feel this prime membership is forced on users.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock