• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 2,209

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has blamed the state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) for 'deliberately delaying' the fourth generation or 4G network following the internal committee findings, further widening the rift between the two in the absence of data services causing the telco to lose revenue.

DoT blames BSNL for 4G network delay - ET Telecom

Even though, BSNL is not the sole reason for the delay in launching their 4G services, I still believe BSNL has the lion's share in it.

[1] They should have launched 4G services using the Band41 spectrum, which is lying idle in many states, where they have NOT returned that 20MHz of spectrum (returning them in Metros and Category A circles itself was a bad idea).

[2] They have many places with just 2G coverage, not just in rural areas, but also the out-skirts of many towns, cities and highways. They should have launched 4G services there first (using the 3G spectrum) and gradually increase inside the cities, where every operator has 4G coverage already. This will improve their revenue and subscriber additions dramatically, imho.

[3] Since they have many towers connected with fiber, the experience would be good enough even with 5MHz of spectrum. Once DoT allots 5MHz more spectrum, they can even surpass competition wrt speed, imho (Adding 1 more block can be done on the fly, if I am not wrong).

[4] They should have given more infos reg VoLTE supported phones in areas where they have 4G coverage currently. Info about their VoLTE supported phones is much more scarce than whereabouts info of missing flights in Bermuda Triangle.

But I agree that, expecting BSNL to think outside the box is a crime and I feel sorry for the same...

Even though, BSNL is not the sole reason for the delay in launching their 4G services, I still believe BSNL has the lion's share in it.

[1] They should have launched 4G services using the Band41 spectrum, which is lying idle in many states, where they have NOT returned that 20MHz of spectrum (returning them in Metros and Category A circles itself was a bad idea).

[2] They have many places with just 2G coverage, not just in rural areas, but also the out-skirts of many towns, cities and highways. They should have launched 4G services there first (using the 3G spectrum) and gradually increase inside the cities, where every operator has 4G coverage already. This will improve their revenue and subscriber additions dramatically, imho.

[3] Since they have many towers connected with fiber, the experience would be good enough even with 5MHz of spectrum. Once DoT allots 5MHz more spectrum, they can even surpass competition wrt speed, imho (Adding 1 more block can be done on the fly, if I am not wrong).

[4] They should have given more infos reg VoLTE supported phones in areas where they have 4G coverage currently. Info about their VoLTE supported phones is much more scarce than whereabouts info of missing flights in Bermuda Triangle.

But I agree that, expecting BSNL to think outside the box is a crime and I feel sorry for the same...
If Dot really wanted to give that 5 MHz of spectrum to BSNL they would have already done that by now. They are waiting for the auction and if that Spectrum gets bought by the private operators they will tell BSNL we don't have the required spectrum to allot to you like it is with rajasthan circle.

Yeah, I can understand that bro.. It's better for both Govt and BSNL to go for 5MHz of Band28 (700MHz), so that at least VoLte coverage and clarity would be better than all others. It will be much cheaper than buying 5MHz of Band 8 (900MHz) spectrum anyway.

If Dot really wanted to give that 5 MHz of spectrum to BSNL they would have already done that by now. They are waiting for the auction and if that Spectrum gets bought by the private operators they will tell BSNL we don't have the required spectrum to allot to you like it is with rajasthan circle.
I think more than 10mhz of be is available in Raj. then why they are going to allot just 5Mhz in b5 ? Will after 2028 bsnl will have b5 5mhz and b8 5Mhz in Raj. Circle ?

I think more than 10mhz of be is available in Raj. then why they are going to allot just 5Mhz in b5 ? Will after 2028 bsnl will have b5 5mhz and b8 5Mhz in Raj. Circle ?
DoT has to give 5 MHz Pan India to BSNL in band 1 for 4G but since in Rajasthan band 1 is exhausted they are giving it in band 5.

Last edited:
BSNL has to give 5 MHz Pan India to BSNL in band 1 for 4G but since in Rajasthan band 1 is exhausted they are giving it in band 5.
So you mean that for DoT can strictly give only 5Mhz bandwidth ? But in Raj. In b1 spectrum is not available so they they are giving in some other band ?

BSNL has to give 5 MHz Pan India to BSNL in band 1 for 4G but since in Rajasthan band 1 is exhausted they are giving it in band 5.
Why dot give 10mhz b3 in Delhi. Simantaneously bsnl is having 5mhz in b1 there ? Is it possible that bsnl surrenders its b1 holding in Raj. And ask for 10mhz b3 ?

BSNL to DoT

BSNL to DoT
GWKnr7q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock