Discussion Do you guys still enjoy Indian national team cricket?

Do you guys enjoy and follow Indian national team cricket match, especially bilateral series?

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Over the past 3+ year , in bilateral series , India always performed well, most of those were one sided match, no resistance from opponent at all specially in ODI and T20. Its the different story that India always choke in World cup, Struggle to win In England always. But be it in own home soil or any sub continent field India always offers one sided match.
So in this regards my question is do u guys still enjoy Indian cricket as the match always turn out to be a one sided match.

I was gonna post a poll about this. I think @Optimus_Prime bro. You should do this on the thread.

And no, I have no interest in watch bilateral series. It's meaningless. Even watching Namibia's match during World Cup didn't suck as watching Paytm trophies. Until Pakistan tours India or we go on overseas tour. It's boring to watch and follow.

Until Pakistan tours India or we go on overseas tour. It's boring to watch and follow.
Definitely
Actually The standard of Cricket really low now a days, always batting friendly wicket , every bats man scoring lot of run in every series but all of them failed when it comes to overseas tour like australia, new zealand england and definitely in World cup.

The problem is these matches doesn't have any repercussions. ICC should atleast regig these events in such a manner that it impacts the Qualification for world cups. Have to give them some importance... If any one argues Rankings ensures the same, no it doesn't.. Lower ranked teams never gets to play higher ranked nations, i.e, teams like USA, Netherlands, Namibia will never get a chance to let alone play against India or others. So, their chance at improving the ranking goes there. As long as that's the case, it won't be making any sense.

I think this should be the Cricketing calender in the future.

5 Months of overlapping T20 leagues across all the nations like Football Leagues. They can throw a Champions League as well.

3 Months of Red Ball Cricket (both Leagues & Internationals)

2 Months of LOI, for qualifications for next world cups or ICC Events.

Champions League is a good idea. CLT20 didn't work before as people didn't follow other leagues like do now. But the problem is players aren't exclusive to own franchise. They play for different franchisees in different leagues.

But the problem is players aren't exclusive to own franchise. They play for different franchisees in different leagues.
That's because of exclusivity of FTP for IPL, if that window goes to all leagues, there will be players contracted to a single club/franchise as they won't be able to play multiple leagues at the same time.
CLT20 didn't work before as people didn't follow other leagues like do now
More than that, it was heavily reliant on Indian market. STAR India (then ESPN Star Sports) saw heavy losses for that property. Also, important to note the event was run by BCCI primarily in association with CSA and CA. There was no wiggle room for stakeholders to recoup losses from others.. Like how star has posted heavy losses during 2019 WC but will still make enough profit on their total investment during this ICC cycle.

Last edited:
I have not watched IPL since last 5 years. Also hardly watch matches from bilateral series played by Indian Cricket Team.

Reason for not watching IPL is the fact i do not connect with the tournament for many reasons and there is also an overdose of matches which reduces interest. I rather prefer watching domestic cricket tournaments than IPL bcoz i am more inclined towards the true passion for the game and skills showcased rather than watch all the sports, glitz, glamour, money, entertainment mixed together.

I have drastically reduced watching bilateral series featuring India bcoz Indian Team plays too much cricket thus the craze, curiosity, interest has slipped down from what it used to b until 2012 or 13. Secondly ofcourse matches r one sided or boring in most cases. When Australia, England visit India then i do try catch up on more games or if any other side is playing challenging cricket with India then too i tend to tune in. Though having said so i watch more of Foreign Tour matches featuring Indian Cricket Team as they r lot more interesting. Lastly my favourite format to see is Test Cricket followed by ODI.

ICC tournaments have remained my favorite and continue being so, more so i like watching matches of associate nations in such tournaments as they get to play higher ranked teams

Lost interest particularly after the Virat kohli captinacy changing and all.. I am not fan of kohli or whatever but... It clearly shows the internal politics of Indian team and money minded board and even players doesn't even showing any interest like olden days they are playing for themselves and not for the team.. we badly miss those olden teams.. Who have love on each other..they mostly played for the team..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock