Dele Alli: Tottenham midfielder banned for rest of season for violent conduct

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 499

Basil

Staff member
Reaction score
Dele Alli has expressed regret over the punch he threw at Claudio Yacob and vowed to learn from the mistake after the Football Association handed him a three-match ban for violent conduct, meaning he will not play for Tottenham Hotspur again this season.

Alli hit West Bromwich Albion’s Yacob in the 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane on Monday. The incident was not spotted by the officials but brought a charge from the FA on video evidence. The Spurs midfielder accepted the charge and had his claims that the accompanying three‑game ban would be an excessive punishment thrown out.

“Gutted that my season is over,” Alli tweeted. “Shouldn’t have reacted like I did. Will learn from this and come back stronger.”

Alli, 20, has been ruled out of Tottenham’s remaining three games – against Chelsea next Monday and then at home against Southampton and away at Newcastle United. His next action is likely to come with England, who have three friendlies before heading to Euro 2016.

Dele Alli sorry after Tottenham season ends with ban for violent conduct | Football | The Guardian

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock