Deciding upgrade on Samsung galaxy

Sammyjones15

Reaction score
I currently have the Samsung galaxy S10E and due an upgrade, I have found the new A52S for around a tenner cheaper per month. I’m not a massive tech guru so I just need a bit of advice, is the A52S a better device than what I already have? I’ve seen a few stats on comparison sites and it seems I still don’t really understand. Any help/ advice will be deeply appreciated👍🏼

• Advantages (Factors To Decide Which Product You Should Buy)
  • # 2 Reasons to consider Samsung Galaxy S10e
    Faster CPU
    Samsung Galaxy S10e2.7 GHz
    Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G2.4 GHz
    Around 12% faster CPU than Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G. Faster CPU means more smooth experience.
    Slimmer
    Samsung Galaxy S10e7.9 mm
    Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G8.4 mm
    Around 5% slimmer than Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G. Slimmer devices are easier to carry in pocket and look more fashionable.
    Light Weight
    Samsung Galaxy S10e150 g
    Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G189 g
    Around 20% lighter than Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G. Light weight devices are easier to hold without tiring your arms.
  • # 1 Reasons to consider Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
    Bigger Screen
    Samsung Galaxy S10e5.8 in
    Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G6.5 in
    Around 12% bigger screen than Samsung Galaxy S10e. Reading, browsing internet and watching movies is more pleasing experience on a bigger screen.
    Better Camera Resolution
    Samsung Galaxy S10e12 MP
    Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G64 MP
    Around 433% more mega pixels (MP) than Samsung Galaxy S10e. More resolution generally means better picture quality, though it's not always necessary.
    Has Quad Camera
    Samsung Galaxy S10eDual Camera
    Samsung Galaxy A52s 5GQuad Camera
    Multiple cameras is useful for enhancing certain effects like blur, zoom and wide angle photos.
    Better Front Camera Resolution
    Samsung Galaxy S10e10 MP
    Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G32 MP
    Around 220% more mega pixels (MP) than Samsung Galaxy S10e. More resolution generally means better picture quality, though it's not always necessary.
    Has Front Camera Flash
    Samsung Galaxy S10eUnknown
    Samsung Galaxy A52s 5GYes
    Having a front camera flash allows you to take selfies in low light.
    Bigger Battery
    Samsung Galaxy S10e3100 mAh
    Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G4500 mAh
    Around 45% more Battery Capacity than Samsung Galaxy S10e. With more battery size, device's battery can generally last more time, though it depends on various other factors too.

Source:

So it looks like your 10E is a tad bit faster, slimmer and lighter than the A52s. It seems to be upgradable to Android 11 too (do you have it yet?).

On the other hand, the A52s has a bigger battery, a larger display and a better camera. It also comes with Android 11 out of the box. So it has more chances of getting Android 12 than your 10E. Plus it has 5G.

The only downside I see with the A52s is the seemingly slower speed of the phone's CPU (at least on paper). I am not sure how much of a difference the 12% slower CPU of the A52s would make in real life.

Key differences​

An overview of the main advantages of each smartphone

Reasons to consider the Samsung Galaxy S10e

• Supports Qi/PMA wireless charging up to 9W
  • Waterproof body (IP68 classification)
  • Slow-motion recording at 960FPS
  • Reverse charging feature
  • Weighs 39 grams less
  • Better grip in hands – the body is 5.2 mm narrower
  • The front-facing camera can record video at 1440p

Reasons to consider the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G

• Higher display refresh rate – 120 Hz
  • Comes with 1400 mAh larger battery capacity: 4500 vs 3100 mAh
  • Has a 0.7 inch larger screen size
  • Shows 36% longer battery life (113 vs 83 hours)
  • Newer Bluetooth version (v5.2)
  • The phone is 2-years and 6-months newer
  • Delivers 13% higher maximum brightness (795 against 705 nits)
  • More energy-efficient CPU – Snapdragon 778G

Performance

CPU/GPU performance in apps and games

10E ----> 61%

A52s ----> 67%

Conclusion
After analyzing all the data, we think that the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G is definitely a better buy.

Source:

So it looks like the CPU difference on paper does not make a real world difference after all.

If anything, the A52s' performance seems be better.

May be because the newer A52s has a Qualcomm processor, compared to S10E's Exynos processor, which is manufactured by Samsung itself.

ALso consider M52 as well. Slightly lighter, bigger battery and better price than A52s. Depth camera is missing on M52 but it isnt a deal breaker for many

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock