• Welcome to OnlyTech community forums. If you are an existing member of our DreamDTH forums, please use the same login credentials to login here. Create a new account only if you are not registered at DreamDTH before. If you have trouble logging in, please let us know through the contact form.
  • Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

CPI(M) complains to EC on phone calls in CM's name

Bapun Raz

Quarantino
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Kolkata, April 18: CPI(M) lodged a complaint with the Election Commission today (April 18) alleging that a concerted attempt was being made to malign West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee by making telephone calls in his name.

"The chief minister does not make calls to individuals just like that," Bhattacharjee's polling agent Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharya told PTI.

Those who received the calls have complained that the caller identified himself as the chief minister and spoke in English in a commanding voice, he said.

The mobile phone number has been traced, Bhattacharya said, adding that the CPI-M had drawn the attention of the chief electoral officer complaining that a ''concerted move'' was on to malign the chief minister.

CPI(M) sources said many complaints in this regard had been received at the party office.

PTI

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gobinaath Ruckus in Kerala Assembly over alleged fraud by top CPI-M leader's son General Topics 0
P 1,652 parties including BSP, CPI, DMK score zero in Lok Sabha polls General Topics 21
Bapun Raz CPI(M) demands resignation of Karnataka Government General Topics 0
Bapun Raz Poll defeat a 'serious set back', admits CPI-M General Topics 0
Bapun Raz Milk, fruits, protein-food more expensive in March: CPI General Topics 0
Bapun Raz Telecom companies are hampering Jio calls, complains Reliance Reliance Jio 2
T Fake Xiaomi Mi Power Banks sell more than the original, complains Xiaomi Mobiles & Accessories 1
E Seeking Help Please Suggest me a Phone within 50K Mobiles & Accessories 7
R Good News Jio May Launch Android-Powered Low-Cost Phone in December Reliance Jio 8
Sourav Bhadani Seeking Help Can I change Jio Phone Plan to a Smartphone Plan Reliance Jio 2
98shubhamk Seeking Help Suggest me Feature phone with Call Recording Option Mobiles & Accessories 4
Prithi Deb Asus ROG Phone 3 | SD 865+ | Jul 22 Mobiles & Accessories 18
DJ Roy Discussion Will you buy a new phone from a manufacturer that doesn't bundle any accessories with the phone? Mobiles & Accessories 9
DJ Roy Good News Real life Phunsuk Wangdu destroys Chinese phone after China shows aggression in Ladakh General Topics 3
OnlyTech.com Article Vodafone Idea launches USSD based UPI powered recharge facility for feature phone users Vi (Vodafone Idea) 2
S Seeking Help Suggest Samsung Mobile phone in between 12k to 14k Buying Guidance 1
OnlyTech.com Article Aarogya Setu now available for feature phone users via toll-free number, KaiOS app to launch soon Apps & Websites 1
Bapun Raz Unlocking bootloader on Xiaomi devices will not void device warranty if phone is functional Mobiles & Accessories 0
Abhinav842 Discussion Vodafone Idea announces validity extension and talktime to feature phone users Vi (Vodafone Idea) 6
Shivraj Seeking Help My mi phone automatically restarted and struck on mi logo Mobiles & Accessories 5
R Discussion Nokia 5310 Feature Phone Mobiles & Accessories 16
Bapun Raz Samsung’s PC-to-phone game streaming service will shut down later this month Apps & Websites 0
Abhinav842 Discussion GST on Mobile Phone Increased from 12% to 18% General Topics 8
S Seeking Help Suggest me best phone under 11-13k Buying Guidance 1
Anup Tiwari Seeking Help I want to buy a mobile phone Mobiles & Accessories 16