Discussion Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

• Thread starter Thread starter Rajat Basak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 3,879
  • Views Views: Views 408,409
The sole purpose of this lockdown is to test more and more sick people and get them directly to hospitals from their homes and if the number of tests are this low, then even a lockdown for another 6 months won't be enough.....don't know what can be the reason, maybe unavailability of test kits or something else..I am currently in Maharashtra where the cases are the highest and even my area has been sealed from today, but atleast I am happy that Maharashtra is doing the most number of tests, somewhere I read today that difference between 1st state i.e Maharashtra is 10K more than the 2nd State in no of tests being conducted, Maharashtra alone has about 30K tests done I guess.

Last edited:
9Dayth6.jpg

The soul purpose of this lockdown is to test more and more sick people and get them directly to hospitals from their homes and if the number of tests are this low, then even a lockdown for another 6 months won't be enough.....don't know what can be the reason, maybe unavailability of test kits or something else..I am currently in Maharashtra where the cases are the highest and even my area has been sealed from today, but atleast I am happy that Maharashtra is doing the most number of tests, somewhere I read today that difference between 1st state i.e Maharashtra is 10K more than the 2nd State in no of tests being conducted, Maharashtra alone has about 30K tests done I guess.

The comparison these people doing is not correct considering the population difference in India & Pakistan
Test per million is showing less for India because of High population here
Other country who is High in Population China never reported there data

See the math below and please correct me if I am wrong:

Eg
India Estimated 2020 Population: 1,380,004,385= 1380 Millions approx
Pakistan Estimated 2020 Population: 220,892,340 = 221 Millions approx

102 (Tests in India per Million) x 1380 Millions = 140760 Tests
191 (Tests in Pakistan per Million) x 220 Millions = 42020 Tests

See number of tests in India is more than 3 times than Pakistan

However that doesn't mean India is doing enough and I totally agree that tests need to be increased multi times to see real figure in India

Back
Top Bottom