• Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Citibank to exit consumer business in India, including 12 other markets

Bapun Raz

Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Citigroup on Thursday said it was exiting retail banking in India and 12 other countries across Asia and parts of Europe to focus on its wealth management business, as it lacked the “scale” to compete in this space.

saketk11

Reaction score
so soon after public sector bank consolidation by govt. even pvt sector is winding up it tail and exiting market.

Bharat will come up with new age bank, starting with small bank, payment bank , with new technology to cover real financial inclusion and wide spread and depth of consumers.

this will also lead to More data , personal and impersonal get generated and soted in Indian territory. which is new oil.

i am happy that citi is exiting, atleast such data wont gets in foreigners hand in first place,which we cant stop in case of fb.google, and xiaomi.

Credit card biz when transferred to kotak,icici, it is highly likely that half of the customer slips away or consolidate.

Kartik07

Reaction score
Whoever takes over citi operations in India... Sure can't match the quality of citibank.. Me personally having account with citi is really worrisome..I just hope it's not that SBI. :mad:

Top Bottom