Chinese billionaire’s son buys eight iPhone 7 handsets for his dog

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Lucky Dog! This is the most appropriate phrase to begin this piece of article. A Chinese billionaire’s son has bought his little pooch, an Alaskan malamute, eight new iPhone 7 smartphones. You ask why? Just for funsies! According to a post on the dog’s verified account on Chinese social media platform Weibo, Wang Sicong, the son of a Chinese businessman, Wang Jialin, whose net worth is over $30 billion, bought his precious pup Coco eight iPhone 7 smartphones on the day it was launched in the country. Isn’t each new information about this story getting more and more amusing.

From what we gathered from the sketchy Google translation of text on Coco’s Weibo account, she looked fairly delighted with her new iPhones. She put up a few pictures of herself with the new iPhones, and a caption, “I don’t understand all the show-off posts on (social media). What’s the point? Don’t make me do it?”, and we sure loved the sarcasm! However, Coco is yet to share her views on the missing headphone jack on the new iPhones, and if she has heard any hissing noise from her iPhones yet. In China, an iPhone 7 costs between 6,388 and 7,988 Yuan, which is equivalent to Rs 64,000 and Rs 80,000 respectively, meaning Sicong spent just about a fortune for Coco.

If you remember, Coco is the same Alaskan Malamute, who was gifted two Apple Watches by her human. Wang Sicong bought Coco two Apple Watch Gold edition. He even posted a picture of Coco wearing the two Watches on her wrists. Coco had written on her Weibo account, “Haha I have new watches! I should actually be wearing four, seeing as I have four legs, but felt it was a bit much so I just put on two, but I cannot wear any less than two otherwise it will not be befitting my status. Suddenly I want to ask you all a question “Do any of you have these?”

This isn’t the only bizarre story surrounding the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus release. This year in New Zealand an army of tiny robots replaced the human queue outside an Apple store, and made quite a headline. New Zealand carrier Spark used 100 Alpha 1 robots, created by Chinese company UBtech, to stand in line on behalf of the customers. Each robot standing in the queue was controlled by a smartphone app. The mini robots were all programed to dance and move, and they were also outfitted to live stream the queue. The live stream offered customers the thrill of waiting in line, in a digital manner.

In another interesting story, Telstra, Australia’s largest telecommunications and media company, delivered an iPhone 7 to a place in Australia which is in middle of nowhere. The place, called Barrow Creek, is so remote that it has a population of just four people. However, while people all around Australia were getting their hands on the new iPhone, Telstra decided to make it possible for this man in Barrow Creek as well and got him an iPhone 7 Jet Black variant between all the scarcity of the model.

http://www.bgr.in/news/chinese-billionaires-son-buys-eight-iphone-7-handsets-for-his-dog/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock