Cauvery row: Siddaramaiah appeal to Jayalalitha to ensure safety of Kannadigas in T.N

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday appealed to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to take all measures to ensure the safety of Kannadigas residing in Tamil Nadu during Friday shutdown.
In a letter to Jayalalithaa, he said, “I had pointed out to you in any previous letter of 12.09.2016 that incidents of violence against Kannada speaking people in Tamil Nadu would incite passions threatening peace in our state. Unfortunately, violence erupted on 12th despite all precautions taken by us. However, situation was brought under control within hours. We have booked a large number of cases against rioters and have taken strict action to ensure violence does not spread. I have also issued strict instructions to the law and order machinery to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.”
Siddaramaiah expressed concern over the loss of property and violence caused by the shutdown and said that none in the state would benefit from the agitation.
He said that till the time the matter of Cauvery water sharing is being adjudicated by the courts and is looked into by the Cauvery Supervisory Committee, no one would get benefit through shutdown and agitations.
“I would request you to kindly take all steps to ensure that during the so called bandh on 16.09.2016 no untoward incident takes place and the lives and properties of Kannada speaking people in Tamil Nadu are protected. We have issued an advisory to the media to report responsibly the incidents relating to the Cauvery agitation. I would request you to kindly do the same. I have instructed my Additional Chief Secretary, Home and Director General of Police to be in touch with your authorities. I would request you to kindly advice your officers to be in touch with their counterparts in Karnataka,” he added.
A single bench of the Supreme Court, expressed its dismay over people taking the law into their own hands, and insisted the state authorities to take immediate preventive action.

see more at:- http://indianexpress.com/article/in...e-safety-of-kannadigas-in-tamil-nadu-3033058/

I am damn sure none of kannadigas will get attacked tomorrow....
Because we tamil people already have a lot of daily routine work other than this

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock