Good News Cast YouTube videos into your TV through Jio Fiber

Reaction score
Now we can cast YouTube videos from mobile devices directly into our television through Jio Fiber STB.
For this both devices must be connected through same wifi.

Last edited:
Isn't casting possible even without Jio Fiber when both phone and TV supports casting. Or i am missing something here?

Basically, ISP doesn't plays a role on casting. It is your wifi which connects both your phone & television. Any ISP can do the job.

Is there any advantage in casting, I mean, instead of using the YouTube app present in the Jio STB?

JioFiber STB has Chromecast built-in and they didn't enable the feature before? @Bapun Raz bro, I believe he is talking about the JioFiber STB providing the casting feature.

JioFiber STB has Chromecast built-in and they didn't enable the feature before? @Bapun Raz bro, I believe he is talking about the JioFiber STB providing the casting feature.
Exactly this. Thanks for the elaboration.
But I haven't seen any other way of casting except from/by YouTube.

Exactly this. Thanks for the elaboration.
But I haven't seen any other way of casting except from/by YouTube.
If it's built-in Chromecast, it should work on Amazon prime, Sun NXT, Netflix etc!

Then it's working with DIAL (Discovery and Launch). It is available on Netflix too. But JioFiber STB doesn't have the Netflix app, which is why it's not working for you with Netflix.

I found it to be a handy feature. If you discover something on any OTT while browsing on your phone and then want to continue watching it on your TV. It saves me the hassle of using 10 extra steps from finding a remote to opening the specific app and then searching for the specific content and then playing it from a particular point.
For eg: I could be in the living room and switch on the TV and play a cartoon from Hotstar/YT/Netflix on my bedroom TV for my toddler.
It was set-up on my STB by default. It worked perfectly until a couple of days ago and now it doesn't anymore and no amount of trouble-shooting is bringing it back :(

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock