Buying a G/EPON Router..

Mr.Bhat

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to buy a new G/EPON ONT for myself...It's an additional router..
Actually LCO has locked my existing ONT...He is adamant to give the password of router...So decided to buy s new one and will use according to my wish...The point is ISP is changing the IP and DNS frequently...This effects Lionsgate play app ...I have to change DNS now and then...Presently using my old router by connecting LAN cable from ONT...This gives 10% less speed sometime...Still able to open and update DNS...
As a permanent solution I want to setup new ONT...
My budget is Rs 3000/-...No need of Dual band router to me...No need of any special features.

Please suggest good ONT..

Thanx in advance...

I am using Mi Router 4C as a secondary router to Airtel's router. My requirement was purely to extend the network from first floor to ground floor, But I am it will definitely be useful in your case also.

Here's my current setup:-

1) Airtel's Router on first floor with Fibre and landline setup
2) Cat 6 ethernet connection between Airtel's router on 1st floor and Mi Router on Ground Floor
3) Using the wired extension feature provided by Mi App.

I also tried connecting without Wired extension feature and it works fine. The only difference is that it will not use the same SSID and password a as the parent router and works as a standalone router

I am using Mi Router 4C as a secondary router to Airtel's router. My requirement was purely to extend the network from first floor to ground floor, But I am it will definitely be useful in your case also.

Here's my current setup:-

1) Airtel's Router on first floor with Fibre and landline setup
2) Cat 6 ethernet connection between Airtel's router on 1st floor and Mi Router on Ground Floor
3) Using the wired extension feature provided by Mi App.

I also tried connecting without Wired extension feature and it works fine. The only difference is that it will not use the same SSID and password a as the parent router and works as a standalone router
As I said have already connected another router using cat6 LAN cable..
But I want to use single Router in the place of existing router..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock