BSNL now holds completely liberalised spectrum Pan India

OnlyTech

OnlyTech bot
Reaction score
State-owned telecom operator BSNL which operates in 20 circles had its license expire on 28th Feb this year and had been continuing to provide services on an ad-hoc basis since 29th Feb. DoT has now granted BSNL...

Read full article: BSNL now holds completely liberalised spectrum Pan India

This thread is for the general discussion of the article. Please add to the discussion here.

Can we expect B8 4G from BSNL now ? And what is the minimum spectrum required to run 2G ?
B8 4G you can expect only from Airtel and Vi. BSNL has a major chunk of subscribers on 2G and if they refarm 900 MHz for 4G they will need a lot more towers for B3 2G. There is a possibility that Dot might have given them 5 MHz Pan India in B3 for 4G but it's not disclosed yet, I'll get an idea about it once the NIA for the next auction is released. But I would expect B8 2G, B3 4G, B1 3G and B 41 for capacity 4G where available.

3G should be shutdown completely by BSNL
Vi hasn't been able to do it pan India yet, and they have a Pan India 4g network, BSNL doesn't even have the 4G network gear yet so shutting down 3G is still a distant goal.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock