Bollywood composer Ismail Darbar finally joins BJP

Reaction score
Ahmedabad, Jun 29 (PTI) Noted composer Ismail Darbar today formally joined the BJP.

The Bollywood composer, who hails from Surat, is likely to be projected as a `minority face'' of the party in the next year''s Gujarat assembly elections, party sources said.

State BJP chief, R C Faldu, announced formal induction of Darbar into BJP at a press conference here.

"I have joined politics to fulfil my mother''s dream," Darbar said. "My mother had told me on the death-bed that you have done well in life and now you should serve the people of Surat. I wanted to fulfil her dream," Darbar said.

In reply to a question why he chose BJP, Darbar said, "In Gujarat, BJP is the most powerful party, and I thought it is necessary to join BJP to serve the people of Surat."

"I first met BJP president Nitin Gadkari and expressed the wish to join the party, then I met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi. I made up my mind after meeting Modi," he said.

"I have not come to BJP to demand something," Darbar said, when asked about contesting elections on BJP ticket in the coming assembly elections. However, he added that he was ready to do anything that the party would ask.

Heaping praise on Modi, Darbar said he was impressed by Chief Minister''s personality.

"Modi is a true leader and a good man. Gujarat has developed under Modi and I wish that the entire country develops in the same way," he said.

Darbar comes from a family of distinguished musicians in Surat; his is the fifth generation of musicians in the family.

Though he started working at the age of 13, fame came with the musis score for `Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam'' which also got him a national award.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/bollywood-composer-ismail-darbar-finally-joins-bjp-163200161.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock