BJP leader to approach Chidambaram on CD expose

Reaction score
.Ranchi, Jul 3 (PTI) Claiming that someone had handed him a pen drive loaded with the purported conversation between Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) candidate Ajay Kumar and Maoist leader Samarji, BJP leader Saryu Roy today said he would approach Union Home Minister P Chidambaram to look into the Maoist-politicians link in Jharkhand.

"A person handed over the pen drive early morning a couple of days ago, asking me to look into it. It turned out to be a phone conversation between JVM-P candidate Ajay Kumar and Samarji," Roy told a news conference here.

"The content from the pen drive was converted into CD and released to the media with an aim to expose how a conspiracy between corporate sector and extremists is helping some persons to capture power in Jharkhand," Roy, who played out the purported conversation at the press conference, said.

Welcoming JVM-P candidate Ajay Kumar''s FIR against him under the Indian Telegraph Act and other sections yesterday, Roy said he owned the responsibility of releasing the CD.

"I will reveal the name of the person who had given me the pen drive at an appropriate time," he said adding he would go to Delhi on July 10 to seek an appointment with Chidambaram and Union Home Secretary and remind them about their commitment to root out naxalism.

JVM-P president Babulal Marandi had on July 1 demanded a judicial probe into the whole issue, including who had authorised to tape Kumar''s phone.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/bjp-leader-approach-chidambaram-cd-expose-152400084.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock