BCCI planning to shift WPL during Diwali with Home & away fomat

Shiv Verma

Always be Happy
News Columnist
Reaction score
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is mulling the possibility of staging the WPL during a winter window as they try to engage more audience.
"We are mulling the possibility of scheduling the WPL, in the home and away format, in the Diwali window; not two seasons in a year but just a different time window," Shah said during an interaction with mediapersons.

This is a must. Without CLT20 we need something around Diwali. I always wanted IPL itself around fall. No rains, powercut. Even temperature is moderately cooler. It adds a flavour to the stadiums.

This is a must. Without CLT20 we need something around Diwali. I always wanted IPL itself around fall. No rains, powercut. Even temperature is moderately cooler. It adds a flavour to the stadiums.
Cyclones/Rains are common around Diwali in Southern states

Cyclones/Rains are common around Diwali in Southern states
By October, things start to settle bro . It is not as severe as it is in June/July/August . But keeping that in mind as well . I think BCCI should plan it to keep during November 1st week . By that time , Winters start

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock