BCCI offers to host Pakistan next month, awaits PCB response

• Thread starter Thread starter ABCDEFGH
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 1,001

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
BCCI offers to host Pakistan next month, awaits PCB response

PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan had claimed that BCCI has invited its team to play its 'home' series in India next month

The Indian cricket board is awaiting response from Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on its offer to play a series in India, instead of in the UAE, next month. PCB chief Shaharyar Khan on Saturday confirmed that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has invited Pakistan to play in India, and its offer to share the revenues, but expressed his reservations about Pakistan playing their home series in India rather than in UAE.

The Indian Express had first reported BCCI’s invite to Pakistan to play the series in India next month. Shashank Manohar, BCCI president, had a telephonic conversation with Khan on Friday evening where he said that if the PCB was interested to play the series in India, the BCCI will approach the Indian government. Khan sought 24 hours to get back with his response after discussing it with Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

“As per FTP Pakistan was supposed to host us but we all know that no international teams play in Pakistan. So we have given them the option to play in India. If they agree than only we are going to talk to the government of India. To keep the India-Pakistan series alive the BCCI has made an effort and spoken to the PCB if they are keen to play in India,” BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur said.

The BCCI, it is learnt, will offer PCB a share of the revenue earned from the broadcasting rights and will also offer them participation fee. Thakur said the BCCI will work out the modalities of the revenue-sharing agreement — PCB feared the loss of $50 million — after the PCB agrees to play in India.

“Revenue part is the next step. First they need to agree to play in India and then we will write to the government of India on whether we can host them and then we will talk about financial things,” Thakur said.

Back in Lahore, Khan had told reporters that BCCI has promised fool-proof security for the Pakistan team during the proposed series. “Manohar also said the Indian Board would provide the best security to our team and schedule the matches in places like Mohali and Kolkata where there is no problem at playing a Indo-Pak match. He [Manohar] said that the Indian board would devise a formula to ensure that we don’t suffer any loss of revenue for playing our home series in India,” he said.

However, the PCB chief said he had informed Manohar that Pakistan would like to play the series in December in UAE as per the MoU signed with the BCCI. “Why should we play our home series in India and not in UAE which is stated in the MOU and there is the matter of security for our team and plus the nearly $50 million that we expect to earn from hosting the series,” he said. “I told Manohar how can we play in India when there are so much anti-Pakistan sentiments there by some of their groups. We have played our last two series in India and I think it is time we got to host the series,” Khan added.

The PCB chief, however, said he was not authorised to take a decision on Manohar’s offer and would consult the board of governors when they meet on November 17. “But more importantly I have to first seek clearance from the prime minister for any decision we take. At the moment I have told the Indian cricket chief to send us a detailed proposal in writing,” he said.

Click Here because I am telling you. Click Here!!!!!!!!!!!

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
How ??
There won't be Pakistan home series for decades !

They could only wait for India touring SA, WI or SL !

so Thats what i wrote "bad News for Ten Network"

Am I missing anything ?:huh

ABCDEFGH said:
so Thats what i wrote "bad News for Ten Network"

Am I missing anything ?:huh

Ten is not relevant to Ind-Pak series for another few years ....unless they get India's home cricket rights !

So it's not a bad news.

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Ten is not relevant to Ind-Pak series for another few years ....unless they get India's home cricket rights !

So it's not a bad news.

Its bad news because If the Series would HAve been played in UAE then Ten would have broadcast-ed it .

Now the Series is played in India so Star Would Telecast It

That scenario is impossible provided the romance between BCCI & Ten !

BCCI is not going to make many tours to SA or WI either. ..
U can expect frequent tours to England & Australia , so Fox could earn more ;) :luv

Will PCB agree to give up its revenue from this series ?:huh

50 millions USD is not a small amount after all

Back
Top Bottom