Barcelona were the better team: Vidic

Reaction score
London: Nemanja Vidic has paid tribute to Barcelona after they won the Champions League final at Wembley, saying they were the better team on the night.
Goals from Pedro, Lionel Messi and David Villa, after Wayne Rooney had equalised for Manchester United, were enough to give the Catalan side their fourth Champions League trophy.
It was a dominant display from the Spanish champions and after the match the Serbian admitted that he had not faced a team like them before, before going on to say that they were worthy champions.

"Yes [they are the best], I think if you look at our past, we never played teams like tonight. We have to give them credit, they played good football and deserved to win," he told Sky Sports after the game at Wembley.
"I have to say they had more chances than we did and we have to give them a hand and say that they were better than us tonight."
Barcelona's victory was a repeat result of the final two years ago in Rome where they triumphed 3-1 and Vidic was disappointed that after a bright start, United were unable to keep up their levels of performance for the rest of the match.
He added to ITV: “To be honest, when you come to the final, you want to win and we feel disappointed we didn’t win on the day but we have to say tonight Barcelona played some good football.
"We tried today to press high, in one part of the game we did well but I think in the goals we lost we just didn’t do what we have to.
"We gave them time on the ball, they made the final pass and they scored three goals."

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/barcelona-were-the-better-team-vidic/155100-5-21.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock