Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) , 2016 -- Score & updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Gurmeet singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 708
  • Views Views: Views 50,488
Mohammad Shahid out of remainder of BPL 2016 with knee injury

Mohammad Shahid, the Bangladesh fast bowler, has been ruled out of the remainder of the ongoing Bangladesh Premier League after sustaining an injury on his knee. Shahid hurt his right knee on the field during Dhaka Dynamites's 32-run victory over Comilla Victorians on Saturday (November 26). With 15 wickets in eight games, Shahid is the third highest wicket-taker in the tournament so far, just behind Mohammad Nabi (16) and Shafiul Islam (16).

The seamer now faces a race against time to regain full fitness and be a part of the touring party to New Zealand. A side strain had earlier ruled him out of the home series against England recently. "I will need rest for two weeks and then I will work for four weeks," he said. "I hope to play the Tests against New Zealand, I am not losing hope. I have enough time. I don't want to miss the series, having already missed the England series."

Bangladesh Cricket Board's chief physician Dr. Debashish Chowdhury confirmed that Shahid will have to undergo more tests in order for them to figure out the full extent of the injury. "Shahid had a scan today after getting hurt on Saturday," he said.

"We haven't seen the report but primarily we know it is a partial ACL tear. He has to rest for the next two weeks, during which he will receive treatment. Further tests will tell us what we should be doing in the coming weeks. A lot of the recovery will depend on the player, but the rest period is pretty much same for everyone. But how the player does after the rest period, will depend on each individual."

Bangladesh are scheduled to play three One-Day Internationals, three Twenty20 Internationals and two Tests in New Zealand in December and January, before which they will have a camp in Australia.

Mohammad Shahid out of remainder of BPL 2016 with knee injury - Cricbuzz

Chittagong Vikings won by 9 wkts
RGR - 124/6 (20.0 Ovs)
CHITTAGONG - 128/1 (16.0 Ovs)
Dhaka Dynamites won by 4 wkts
BARISAL - 132/6 (20.0 Ovs)
DHAKA - 135/6 (19.2 Ovs)

Back
Top Bottom