• Thread starter Thread starter Gurmeet singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 708
  • Views Views: Views 50,490
RE: Sony six telecast Bangladesh premier league 2016

image.jpg
image.jpg

Liam Dawson to play for Rangpur Riders in BPL 2016

Liam Dawson, the England one-day allrounder, is set to return to Bangladesh after signing for Rangpur Riders for the 2016 Bangladesh Premier League at the eleventh hour. By signing up for the league, Dawson has rejected the advice of the Professional Cricketers Association that warned against touring the country due to security concerns.
Dawson earlier travelled to Bangladesh with England's One-Day International (ODI) team but did not feature in any of the games. The Hampashire allrounder will be available for the entire duration of the tournament and is expected to return to Dhaka later this week.

England toured Bangladesh earlier this month only after detailed security arrangements were made by the hosts following a terrorist attack on a Dhaka cafe in early July. However, PCA chief executive David Leatherdale advised English cricketers against participating in the nearly one-month long domestic competition which might not see same levels of security.

"It's going to be a good challenge," Dawson said. "There's some very good overseas players in the competition, so it'll be hard work from a cricket point of view, but I hope I can put in some good performances and do myself proud.''

Led by Shahid Afridi, Dawson's Hamparshire teammate in 2016 NatWest T20 Blast, the Rangpur franchise is coached by former Bangladesh batsman Javed Omar.

The 2016 edition of BPL kicks off on November 4 with the final to be played on December 9.

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/83679/liam-dawson-to-play-for-rangpur-riders-in-bpl-2016

Back
Top Bottom