Discussion Ban on Chinese apps in India

• Thread starter Msingh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 215
  • Views: Views 20,128
tgy2Dpq.jpg

The Indian government should not believe in claims by TikTok that data would be stored locally on Indian servers. Does anyone believe anything the Chinese say these days? Once the storm calms down, all data will be transferred from India to China in the most secured way possible at a later date. My frustration is not a single Indian company is competent enough to develop an alternative? So India only has incompetent programmers while cream of the crop are exported to US and EU just like Alphonso mangoes?
r/tiktokthots on Reddit on the other hand...... hehe

The Indian government should not believe in claims by TikTok that data would be stored locally on Indian servers. Does anyone believe anything the Chinese say these days? Once the storm calms down, all data will be transferred from India to China in the most secured way possible at a later date. My frustration is not a single Indian company is competent enough to develop an alternative? So India only has incompetent programmers while cream of the crop are exported to US and EU just like Alphonso mangoes?
r/tiktokthots on Reddit on the other hand...... hehe
But what will they do with common man data? All other apps also collects data.

TikTok Chief Executive Kevin Mayer in a video townhall to employees in India that the short-video platform has encountered an unfortunate challenge in the country, and is working with stakeholders to address their concerns.
His comments come after the Indian government banned 59 Chinese apps, citing data privacy security concerns. ByteDance, which owns TikTok and regional social media platform Helo, counts India as its largest market outside China. TikTok has 200 million users in India.

Kevin Mayer: Tiktok CEO Kevin Mayers talks to employees, says will address concerns of government - The Economic Times

Airtel blocked Tiktok & other's Server.
Got SMS for same.
VPN can open website of TT, but app shows no internet connection with vpn too.

I just downloaded for testing from galaxy store yesterday but now removed from store. Playstore still gives updates for TT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock