Baba Ramdev beats Andrey Stadnik to avenge Sushil Kumar's Beijing Olympics defeat

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Thursday defeated 2008 Olympic silver medallist Andrey Stadnik in a friendly wrestling bout.

The bout took place in Delhi during the semi-final clash of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL) between Mumbai Marathi and Punjab Royals.

Baba Ramdev performed "Surya Namaskar" before the bout, and ended with the chant of “Bharat mata ki jai.! Vande Matram!”
He beat Stadnik 12-0.

It's reported that Baba Ramdev has gone through intense training to prepare himself for the match.

“I have fought bouts with national level wrestlers. But playing against an internationally renowned player will be more exciting. You will witness the real power of Yoga in this match,” he said in the run-up to the match.

Stadnik, 34, had defeated Indian legend Sushil Kumar in the 2008 Olympics, en route to the Men's Freestyle Lightweight final in Beijing.

Last year, Baba Ramdev challenged Sushil to to a wrestle match on the occassion of 20th anniversary of Ashram in Haridwar.

Baba Ramdev beats Andrey Stadnik to avenge Sushil Kumar's Beijing Olympics defeat — WATCH | Zee News

Come on man, I watched it.. Stadnik took it really easy out of respect for the old man!! But still, hats off to Baba Ramdev for the courage... Minus his businessman side, I really admire him for his fitness and flexibility, that too at this age..

Optimus_Prime said:
any video link please?

video is available in the article link posted by the thread starter :k

c'mon d fight was rigged :k

d opponent wasn't doing anything to ramdev... baba won by 12-0 margin, wud that have been possible :no

but yes, agreed wid @rp8, baba is superfit :clap

shawl_who said:
c'mon d fight was rigged :k

Not actually rigged to be precise, watching it looked like Stadnik was scared that if he'd throw him, ramdevji would be severely injured, so he let himself be thrown instead..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock