Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2016 Result & Updates

• Thread starter Dh@nusu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 466
  • Views: Views 25,018

Dh@nusu

Reaction score
Smith's side will play Tests in Sri Lanka for first time in five years from July 26
Australia will play their first Test series in Sri Lanka in more than five years, with a three-match series beginning on July 26 in Kandy.

The Australians will embark on a two-month tour of the island nation from July 11, playing three Tests, five ODIs and two T20 Internationals.

Steve Smith's side leapfrogged India in February to finish the latest 12-month period in first spot on the ICC Test Championship table, while Sri Lanka have dropped to seventh place after a disappointing year following the retirements of legendary batting duo Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardena.
Only three members of the Australian side that beat the Black Caps in their most recent Test series – Nathan Lyon, Peter Siddle and Usman Khawaja – have experienced Test cricket in Sri Lanka.
That was when Australia toured in August 2011 for what was Michael Clarke's first full series as captain, with the men in Baggy Green emerging victorious from the three-match series 1-0.
Overall, Australia's record in Sri Lanka reads: 13 Tests – six wins, six draws, one loss; 25 ODIs – nine wins, 13 losses, 3 no results; two T20Is – two losses.
Despite a poor year for Sri Lanka, opening batsman Joe Burns was under no illusions as to the sort of challenge they present in their own conditions.
"Playing spin in Australia, some of the southern states, for example Sydney, you might come across spinning conditions, but when you're facing world-class spinners in their own backyard on turning wickets, it's a different proposition," Burns said last month.
"Potentially there are different game plans. I've played enough now in a lot of different countries that you can go into a country with an idea of how the game of cricket is played, but you get there and realise there's totally new fields (set) you haven't seen before, and they're trying to get you out in different ways with different tactics.
"I've never been to Sri Lanka. (There's) some preconceived ideas of what the conditions might be like, but I'm open-minded and looking to learn and improve my game as much as I can."

AUSTRALIA'S TOUR OF SRI LANKA

July 26-30: First Test, Pallekele
August 4-8: Second Test, Galle
August 13-17: Third Test, Colombo
August 21: First ODI, Colombo
August 24: Second ODI, Colombo
August 28: Third ODI, Dambulla
August 31: Fourth ODI, Dambulla
September 4: Fifth ODI, Kandy
September 6: First T20I, Kandy
September 9: Second T20I, Colombo

Australia tour of Sri Lanka, 2016

wgvqHsg.png

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka, 2016

Already Posted -- Link Removed

RE: Australia confirm upcoming SL tour

Australia tour of Sri Lanka, 2016

26 - 30 Jul
1st Test
Pallekele International Cricket
Stadium, Pallekele
10:00 AM IST
04 - 08 Aug
2nd Test
Galle International Stadium, Galle
10:00 AM IST
13 - 17 Aug
3rd Test
Sinhalese Sports Club, Colombo
10:00 AM IST ..

21 Aug
1st ODI
R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
24 Aug
2nd ODI
28 Aug
3rd ODI
Rangiri Dambulla International
Stadium, Dambulla
31 Aug
4th ODI
Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium, Dambulla
04 Sep
5th ODI
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele

06 Sep
1st T20I
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele
09 Sep
2nd T20I

RE: Australia confirm upcoming SL tour

I ask @sarkar bro or team -- to edit the thread title like this " Australia tour of Sri Lanka , 2016 Result & Updates" :) ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock