Australia Tour Of New Zealand 2017

• Thread starter Thread starter iSK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 99
  • Views Views: Views 7,800
Sai & Sarfa bros better if this comments comes in India v Aus post

Off topic finally : Squad: Steve Smith , David Warner (vc), Ashton Agar, Jackson Bird, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Stephen O'Keefe, Matthew Renshaw, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Wade
DDF-Exclusive-Australia-tour-of-India-2017

sagR said:
Off topic finally : Squad: Steve Smith , David Warner (vc), Ashton Agar, Jackson Bird, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Stephen O'Keefe, Matthew Renshaw, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Wade
DDF-Exclusive-Australia-tour-of-India-2017

What is the use and need of the post here :huh .. You itself guiding us then you only posting the offtopic post :s:u ..

Sai Laxman said:
What is the use and need of the post here :huh .. You itself guiding us then you only posting the offtopic post :s:u ..

:D:u:dodgy

For me, it's not about putting a stamp on the team: Wade

prv_2cff4_1485577736.jpg

Picture: He is confident of the side at his disposal, but believes that the first-timers will have a tough time facing the hostile Eden Park crowd.

Eden Park in Auckland is a small ground, and especially has small squares, a purpose-built rugby venue. However, given the seam-friendly conditions, the venue hasn't enabled teams to notch up big totals. The last two occassions when New Zealand and Australia played against each other at the venue, the tourists were bowled out for 151 and 148 in 32.2 and 24.2 overs respectively. And in the absence of their two best batsmen - David Warner and Steve Smith - the challenge for the Australians is only going to get tougher.

Matthew Wade, who will lead Australia in the upcoming Chappell-Hadlee series, is well aware of the deceptive dimensions and believes it is important for the batsmen to not fall for the temptation.

"The first time I came here was the last time we played here, and looking at the small boundaries you assume there's going to be really high scores," Wade said on Saturday (January 28). "But it's quite difficult, it tends to swing at this venue, so the first 10 or 15 overs is really crucial, because with the line-up that we play, if we can have wickets in the shed at the back-end then we will score a lot of runs at the end of the (innings)."

The plan had served them well in the recently-concluded series against Pakistan, but a big reason that they could execute those plans remained in the fact that Warner was in superb form. Not only did he play the long innings, but also score at a brisk pace. However, the wicketkeeper-batsman believes there is no need to tamper with a formula that has been working for them.

"I don't think for me personally it's about putting a stamp on the team. It's about driving the values and the game plan that we have in one-day cricket moving forward.

"Steven and David have put their stamp on the team, it's just about me keeping on driving those key messages through to the players. We've performed really well in one-day cricket over a long period of time so it's not about trying to change too much - it's about keeping the ball rolling."

The series has come at a critical time for Australia, with one eye on the preparation for the India tour. Key players are being rested and asked to prepare for the Test tour, allowing a lot of fringe players to get a look in. Aaron Finch and Shaun Marsh are two of the beneficiaries who will get a chance to find a place back in the ODI squad if they do manage to impress in the upcoming series.
"It's certainly different when your captain and vice-captain aren't here but it's also exciting," Wade said. "We've got some young players around, and we've got (Aaron) Finch and (Shaun) Marsh coming back into the team who are experienced one-day players. So it's a different shift for sure but something we're looking forward to."

He is confident of the side at his disposal, but believes that the first-timers will have a tough time facing the hostile Eden Park crowd. "I don't get as much (abuse) from where I'm at (as wicketkeeper), apart from here - it's only 10 or 15 metres to me here (with the small boundaries).

"But speaking to the boys, you do cop a bit and that's all part of it. A new player coming to this venue has to adapt to that pretty quickly, but we've got some experience in our team that can help the younger guys."

If there needed to be any hint of what lay in front of him, up came the question from a local journalist on whether he will be pushing above Glenn Maxwell in the batting line-up, hinting at Maxwell's criticism when he was made to bat below Wade for Victoria. However, the 24th Australian ODI captain made things clear and said, "I'll stay at seven mate, I'll be playing my role that I have for the last two years straight. I'll just keep doing my job. I know what you're getting at there, but I'll be staying where I'm at."

Cricbuzz

Back
Top Bottom