• Thread starter Thread starter iSK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 99
  • Views Views: Views 7,800

iSK

Contributor
Reaction score
prv_d6feb_1485510439.jpg

Matthew Wade, the 29-year-old wicketkeeper, has been named Australia's stand-in One-Day International (ODI) captain for the three-match Chappell-Hadlee series against New Zealand in the absence of Steve Smith, who was ruled out with an ankle injury, and David Warner, who was rested. Wade will serve as Australia's 24th ODI captain in the series which begins in Auckland on Monday (January 30).

No vice-captain has been named for the tour yet.
"Being asked to captain Australia is obviously not something I was expecting and it is still sinking in, but I am hugely honoured by the decision of the selectors and the Board of Directors and very excited about it," Wade said on Friday (January 27).

In-form Warner, who topped the ICC rankings for ODI batsmen, has been rested from the tour in preparation for Australia's upcoming four-Test tour to India in February-March. Wade was therefore, an automatic choice, especially after having enjoyed the confidence of selectors and the captain alike as Australia's primary gloveman across Tests and ODIs.

Wade to lead Australia for NZ ODIs in Smith's absence - Cricbuzz

RE: Wade to lead Australia for NZ ODIs

Many Seniors absent:huh

Australia tour of New Zealand, 2017
30 Jan.
1st ODI
Eden Park, Auckland 3:30 AM IST
02 Feb.
2nd ODI -- McLean Park, Napier 6:30 AM IST
05 Feb.
3rd ODI
Seddon Park, Hamilton 3:30 AM IST

Sai Laxman said:
coz of India Tour ..

Good selection by CA , they know how important Series against India in India. Every efforts of Aussies can't stop their losses. In sub continent very difficult to play & it happened with them against SriLanka. Aussies best team also didn't win in India @ last 10 years if right???

sagR said:
Aussies best team also didn't win in India @ last 10 years if right???

I think So ..

Sai Laxman said:
I think So ..

They was chance in 2010 @Mohali but Ojha & Laxman cleared to Indian victory by 1 wkt;):lol

Back
Top Bottom