Asus ZenFone 2 Laser Updated To Volte

• Thread starter Thread starter TR Vishnu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25
  • Views Views: Views 3,411
kumarvishwas said:
I don't think it supports,this is one reason why Flipkart was selling it at over Rs.20000 discount

Bro .. but in Flipkart product description of Moto turbo it says that it supports 4g volte

On my query as to when Volte upgrade is available to my ZE550 KL model,Asus support suggested me to download manually if not updated and on my request sent me following email. Is it worth trying??

Please find The manually update procedure:-

Step 1 - Please visit our official website via computer :https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/ZenFone-2-Laser-ZE550KL/HelpDesk_Download/

Step 2 - There you'll have to select "Android" as OS and then please click on "Firmware".

Step 3 - There you'll have to find Version WW-21.40.1220.1877and download the file via "Global" link, you'll find donwloaded zipped package UL_ASUS.

step 4 - Please connect your phone to computer through USB cable and then transfer the zipped package in root directory of internal storage.

Step 5 - Remove USB cable and then you'll find a notification on phone regarding system update.

Step 6 - As you'll tap on this system update notification, it would require your permission for installing the file, please press OK and phone will start the upgrade process automatically. Please wait while device gets upgraded and then it will reboot by itself.

NOTE :- 1) Please take data backup before proceeding with upgrade process.

2) Please keep your phone charged atleast or more than 30% .

3) Please don't interrupt the process in between.

Welcome to refer Asus support website:http://www.asus.com/support
If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

If you are using VoLTE network i.e Jio then its worth trying.

harshbardhan said:
Yes Bapun bhai. myself using Jio.

Then its worth trying bro. From the process its look quite easy, so you can try it. Other ASUS users can confirm if any problems with the process.

Another thing is, try to use a free VPN app to download the OTA update. You may get the update if your phone is getting international version software updates.

harshbardhan said:
Okay,thanks. Let me see if any Asus user ever experienced manual update procedure.

I have updated my Zenfone 2(ZE551ML) from Lollipop to Marshmallow using this manual procedure,it is a very easy procedure but I suggest you to wait for OTA update as if anything goes wrong in this manual update you'll device won't boot up after that and you'll need to go to Service Center :k

That's the risk I would not like to run. That's why waited for your reply. BTW we don't have a service center nearby.

Back
Top Bottom