ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Gets New Accessories but Not For Now

Jenitkumar

Reaction score
None can argue that one of the best things ASUS Eee Pad Transformer brings to the table is the keyboard dock that attaches seamlessly to the tablet, transforming it to a netbook. And the dock is worth every cent of the $150 you pay for it with the added value of 7 hours extended battery life (that’s a total of 16 hours for the tab!), two USB ports, 4-in-1 SD card reader, and full QWERTY keypad.

ASUS plans to release more accessories for the tablet in case you’re not so keen on the keyboard dock but still want the USB or SD card features. The accessories won’t be available for purchase for another 1-3 months though. The second gen ASUS Eee Pad Transformer will already be on store shelves by then so it works out for ASUS doubly.

Amazon Germany has two adapters on display – a USB adapter for €19 ($27) and an SD adapter for the same. Netbookreviews also spotted a stand cum docking station earlier which houses 2 USB ports, an SD card clot and an earphone jack. This one is priced €29 or $40 approximately. The docking station looks sturdy enough; built for stability. The extra ports are accommodated via the proprietary docking port at the bottom of Eee Pad Transformer. The adapters also connect the same way.

We love ASUS for the things it does. First, it launched the pretty awesome ASUS Eee Pad Transformer for an unbeatable price. Then it gave us the keyboard dock. Quick updates and even a video library that takes you through all you want to do on the tablet. And now this.

Do you own an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer? I don’t because I’ve already got another tablet but wouldn’t I love to!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock