Seeking Help Are you still using cable/DTH or using live tv subscriptions?

• Thread starter nsas02
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 2,087

nsas02

Solutions
Reaction score
Are you guys still using cable tv / DTH services or using Live TV channels from SunNxt, Hotstar, Zee, Sony Liv apps etc,.

Background:
I've been using Jio's trial plan for last month and it expires in 3 days and I do not have plan to continue with Jio as I already have Airtel fibre.
My parents are now used to watch TV from the respective apps. I've been paying around 250 Rs monthly for cable TV (which translates to 3000 Rs yearly) where as If I'm to get yearly subscription for the channels they watch (mostly from SunNxt, Hotstar and Zee) it comes very less. I can install the corresponding apps in Firestick. Added advantage is that we get to watch catch-up, Movies etc,. Also I can use those subscription even if I'm not at my home.

1. I'm planning to disconnect my Cable tv service. Is this a good idea?
2. Also few regional channels are available in Yupp TV. Has anyone used Yupp's subscription? How is it?

Any kind of help is appreciated!

As people adopted smart mobile from basic mobile, gradually they would move to OTT platform when they are comfortable using it.
Personally i suggest to opt for OTT when you have stable and unlimited bandwith, otherwise DTH/Cable is viable if there is too much buffering for OTT platform.

I cut the code 2 years back. That time I used to have Tata sky connection. Now my parents are also comfortable with OTT as they can watch their favourite shows 24 hours before with sports and news programs.
With latest live tv features in fire tv stick I think it is not worthy to carry on with linear tv.

Here most of the people talking about Subscription of OTT & it compare with DTH..
But the one part is missing here,
To using OTT stream you need
Hugely Data package (With Stable internet Connectivity) plans are needed for that highly data consuming streaming apps.
So both have their individual pros & cons also..

Don't have broadband at home. Am still satisfied with OTT. Getting daily mobile data combined of around 4 GB. Barely finish half the bandwidth while watching news, documentaries and series as I watch only around 2-3 hours of content. I am pretty sure same is everybody's pattern as we watch less tv than we use to when we were young. I only activate DTH to watch live sports mostly.

To using OTT stream you need
Hugely Data package (With Stable internet Connectivity)
That is one huge valid point and not everyone will/can have high speed internet connectivity.
But, I've seen people using their Jio mobile network to watch OTT contents and are highly satisfied :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock