Seeking Help Are you still using cable/DTH or using live tv subscriptions?

• Thread starter nsas02
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 2,085

nsas02

Solutions
Reaction score
Are you guys still using cable tv / DTH services or using Live TV channels from SunNxt, Hotstar, Zee, Sony Liv apps etc,.

Background:
I've been using Jio's trial plan for last month and it expires in 3 days and I do not have plan to continue with Jio as I already have Airtel fibre.
My parents are now used to watch TV from the respective apps. I've been paying around 250 Rs monthly for cable TV (which translates to 3000 Rs yearly) where as If I'm to get yearly subscription for the channels they watch (mostly from SunNxt, Hotstar and Zee) it comes very less. I can install the corresponding apps in Firestick. Added advantage is that we get to watch catch-up, Movies etc,. Also I can use those subscription even if I'm not at my home.

1. I'm planning to disconnect my Cable tv service. Is this a good idea?
2. Also few regional channels are available in Yupp TV. Has anyone used Yupp's subscription? How is it?

Any kind of help is appreciated!

Are you guys still using cable tv / DTH services or using Live TV channels from SunNxt, Hotstar, Zee, Sony Liv apps etc,.

Background:
I've been using Jio's trial plan for last month and it expires in 3 days and I do not have plan to continue with Jio as I already have Airtel fibre.
My parents are now used to watch TV from the respective apps. I've been paying around 250 Rs monthly for cable TV (which translates to 3000 Rs yearly) where as If I'm to get yearly subscription for the channels they watch (mostly from SunNxt, Hotstar and Zee) it comes very less. I can install the corresponding apps in Firestick. Added advantage is that we get to watch catch-up, Movies etc,. Also I can use those subscription even if I'm not at my home.

1. I'm planning to disconnect my Cable tv service. Is this a good idea?
2. Also few regional channels are available in Yupp TV. Has anyone used Yupp's subscription? How is it?

Any kind of help is appreciated!
Economically good, but cable/DTH TV remote is easier than streaming apps for operating/changing live channels for elder parents.

Yes I have and it will be there in future too.
Streaming though has opened a gate to the future of content consumption, it has it's shortcomings as well when trying to stream live sports contents. Buffering still happens after having high speed broadband too. It's never a seamless experience in that regard.

Well I have deactivated 2 tatasky multitv connections...Now 1 connection for family in the inside of Home...
I have few streaming subscriptions choice of mine and my Son ...We r watching every thing in streaming apps only...

I deactivated Tata sky 2 yrs back and completely on streaming, one Android tv and another tv with fire TV stick. With the launch of live tv option in firetv don't even miss the Tata sky now though earlier some time parents were use to struggle which is not there anymore. It's economic and gives more freedom to watch without annoying ads.

Just activated Airtel Xstream box,which help to live channels also for OTT apps.

Other is AKAI FIRE OS TV for parent with HD box for music and news channel.

serials, movies ,cartoon,infotenmnet already shifted to OTT.

Although waiting for JIOfiber for smooth broadband experince.

but in my opinion, atleast one liner TV channel ,mostly news, either from cable/DTH/DD free dish/ Digital terrestrial must.

I've cut the cable already and running completely on streaming.
In fact my parents are pretty comfortable watching their daily serials on OTT as they can watch it early (read Hotstar VIP & Zee Premium) and also due to the catchup facility. They no longer are in a hurry to complete their tasks in order to watch their favorites since they can watch it anytime :)

I've cut the cable already and running completely on streaming.
In fact my parents are pretty comfortable watching their daily serials on OTT as they can watch it early (read Hotstar VIP & Zee Premium) and also due to the catchup facility. They no longer are in a hurry to complete their tasks in order to watch their favorites since they can watch it anytime :)
Watching anytime has already solution.

TATA SKY HD+ PVR allows recording of shows in AUTOMATIC mode under series.
even airtel give recording option, but series recording is not possible mostly.

This recording saves time, as we can skip breaks and 30minutes prime times soaps get finished in 20-21 minutes.

This recording saves time, as we can skip breaks and 30minutes prime times soaps get finished in 20-21 minutes.
Same in the case of watching in Hotstar or Zee. In fact we don't have any ads at all to skip. Ads will be played only in the case of watching Live TV and even Hotstar doesn't display the usual ads, instead it displays some personalized ads

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock