Discussion Are you receiving inflated electricity bills?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 826

Are your bills normal or inflated?

• Total voters

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Happened in Telangana last month. Due to calculation of 3 months of bill combined (against the usual one month calculation), the unit rate slab of many people went up, resulting in inflated bills

Last summer we used to get rs 1500 now it's 2200. But it's because we stay at home most of the time and use more power unknowingly..

Yes, here in hyd three months reading were taken this month and average was taken for three months. However, that increases the bill for March and April as historical usage and bill is always less in these months and usage goes high only in May due to AC usage. I paid around 5500 last year and this year my bill for these 3 months due to slab changes is 9600.
MlNpSbj.jpg

We need to be mindful of the fact that we haven't spent at home throughout the day during last summer. The bills are bound to be higher when the usage is high. The bill that's shared above by you @Msingh bro, seems correct to me as per the usage. If they calculated it wrong, you should have gone to the >800 slab, as you burnt 1420 units. Rather, they have averaged your usage for 3 months and split it across slabs, which is why your bill didn't go to that slab.

We need to be mindful of the fact that we haven't spent at home throughout the day during last summer. The bills are bound to be higher when the usage is high. The bill that's shared above by you @Msingh bro, seems correct to me as per the usage. If they calculated it wrong, you should have gone to the >800 slab, as you burnt 1420 units. Rather, they have averaged your usage for 3 months and split it across slabs, which is why your bill didn't go to that slab.
Yes @Siva , I agree calculation is correct and This time usage was also high as we all stayed locked to our place with WFH and online classes for kids.

Only problem is that till now I was use to have high bill for May only due to ac usage but now my bill was put in high slab for Mar and April also.

They should have devided total units to 1*2*3 ratio for Mar*Apr*May and bills should have been moderate as per usage. I was checking my last year usage, I consumed only 185 units in March, 256 units in April and 536 units in May.

I'm overall fine with the bill and was expecting higher bill this time due to lockdown.

after mumbai now it's turn of kolkata.
now cesc give ghost electricity monthly bill.
in my flat
my bill 1300
my uncle bill 7000
and tenent bill came 14k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock