• Views Views: Views 949

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
369457-ios-6-do-not-disturb.jpg

Apple today promised that an iOS "Do Not Disturb" glitch that cropped up on New Year's Day would be fixed by Jan. 7.

"Do Not Disturb scheduling feature will resume normal functionality after January 7, 2013," Apple said in a note on its support forums. "Before this date, you should manually turn the Do Not Disturb feature on or off."
Complaints surfaced Tuesday on a number of forums that the Do Not Disturb feature, which silences calls, alerts, and notifications while enabled, had been stuck in the "on" position since New Year's Day. Apple confirmed the problem, saying that after Jan. 1, 2013, Do Not Disturb mode stayed on "past its scheduled end time."

To access the scheduling feature, tap Settings, then Notifications, then the Do Not Disturb toggle switch.

The issue was tripped, apparently, as the New Year rolled in, based on a poster in Japan who caught the issue on his iPhone 4 and iPad 2 by 8:30 p.m. Eastern on Dec. 31.

"I am finding that my iOS devices are showing 'Do Not Disturb' even though it is outside of the time I set for them," spacesamurai said. "Not sure if this is related to the new year. Reloading the devices does not help and the software is up-to-date."

Apple Rolling Out Fix for iOS 'Do Not Disturb' Bug Jan. 7 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Back
Top Bottom