Amitabh Bachchan will NOT be Incredible India ambassador due to Panama controversy

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
A few days back, The Indian Express revealed a list of people who are a part of the Panama Papers . The names included many Indian industrialists and actors who owned offshore entities. This was a part of a measure to evade tax, however after the papers were leaked every name was under the scanner. Two big names that figured on the list included Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Amitabh Bachchan .

While Ash has been avoiding questions on Panama Papers , Amitabh in a statement said, “I do not know any of the companies referred to by Indian Express – Sea Bulk Shipping Company Ltd, Lady Shipping Ltd, Treasure Shipping Ltd, and Tramp Shipping Ltd. I have never been a director of any of the above stated companies. It is possible that my name has been misused.” However, the government is not convinced and are carrying their investigation as per the regulations.

After Aamir Khan was ousted from the Incredible India campaign, it was said that Amitabh Bachchan was going to take over. But now, the government has delayed the process of signing the actor as the brand ambassador of Atulya Bharat as his name is a part of the Panama Papers leak.

A source quoted by ANI said that a decision was supposed to be taken this month, but it has now been delayed. The decision will only be taken after a clean chit is given to Amitabh Bachchan .

Amitabh Bachchan will NOT be Incredible India's brand ambassador thanks to the Panama Papers controversy? - Bollywood News & Gossip, Movie Re...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock